or Connect

Posts by mamaof5boys

Thank you so much for the replies!  I did see Ojo Caliente on the web and it looks like a really awesome place!  I think I'm going to try it!!
Not trying to minimize your concern, but there are hazards EVERYWHERE! We're all going to die at some point, and I'm going to enjoy every bit of electronic time I can get... Man I love my new iPhone!! Kind of ironic that we're all on the computer doing Mothering forums After my DH passed away, everything else seems trivial! Wish I wouldn't have spent so much time worrying about the small stuff- it's all irrelevant now.
Hi All!   I am a sole parent in desperate need of a vacation!  Thinking about going somewhere in New Mexico.  I would love a 4-5 day spa get away to relax, meditate, read.  Anyone have any great ideas you'd like to share?  Thanks so much!
I am a huge believer of essential oils.  You could diffuse EOs into the air, apply it to the soles of his feet, or even have him smell it from the bottle.  Just make sure they are therapeutic quality.  I have a great solution for a sinus rinse that a prominent MD from France/aromatherapist recommends (Dr. Penoel) if you think he could do a sinus rinse?  If you're interested I can post it.
Glad it helped!! Just wanted to share that my 3 yr old was sick two weeks ago with 103 temp. I diffused Thieves, and rubbed it on his feet. (I did give him one dose of motrin since his fever was so high). The next day his fever was 101 and he seemed a lot better and by day three he was 100%! a week later another fever of 102, did the same EOs with him and the next day he was 100%. He seemed to fight these viruses off so quickly and I'm convinced that it's because of the...
Thanks so much for the replies.  I guess the reason I'm on the fence with this DS is because my other DS was very difficult from birth.  He had huge sensory issues, and difficulty interacting socially- more on par with an ASD diagnosis.  My 3 year old is for the most part a happy, easy going kid, no social issues that I know of.  My only concern is the screaming and maybe some speech delay.  The preschool teachers have never had any issues at school either... I think our...
Just looking for some support from other parents that have been through this   My 3 1/2 year old in the last month has been having really significant episodes where he wants something, and when he doesn't get it he screams, kicks, hits, for up to an hour.  There is absolutely no distracting him at this point.  That's the thing that worries me.  He totally fixates on the thing he wants and won't let it go.  An example is the other day we were in the car heading out and he...
Quote: Originally Posted by Smidge Okay, one more question. How do you use it in your home (the Thieves mix)? Do you use it at 100% or do you dilute it? If you dilute it, what do you dilute it with and how much? Thanks Hopefully the above link to the Thieves page helped with these questions. Here's the information from the Essential Oil Desk Reference- Dilute 1 part EO to 4 parts vegetable oil (I use olive oil). Possible sun/skin...
Quote: Originally Posted by Smidge What brand(s) of diffusers do you recommend? I have a diffuser from Young Living (you get a 50% off coupon when you become a distributer) that I really like. You just need to make sure it's a diffuser that will release microdroplets into the air. I add the oil to a little bit of water and it mists it into the air. I'm going to purchase a new diffuser from YL that you just attach the bottle of EO to the unit...
Quote: Originally Posted by Smidge Thanks for the info mamas I have mainly Aura Cacia EOs. Are those okay to use? Okay, trying again- in smaller parts though! I really do not know much about Aura Cacia. I personally only feel comfortable using a few oil companies- ones that I know are therapeutic quality (that allows me to use them internally). Most of the oils I've seen at a store like Whole Foods are blended with a carrier oil, and...