or Connect

Posts by mamaof5boys

UGH!! I just spent 30 minutes typing a response and my computer crashed!!! Here is a link to Thieves oil from Young Living You can download a pdf that gives great info about the oil and how to use it. I promise I'll respond later tonight!
Don't have much time to post right now, but I am in the process of becoming a certified clinical aromatherapist. I absolutely love using essential oils to help boost the immune system, or treat an illness. I agree with the previous post about Thieves EO from Young Living. It's really an amazing oil. The key is preventative care. Make sure you're using EOs that are therapeutic quality- such as Young Living. Most of the stuff you can get at the store have other...
I swear by therapeutic grade melaluca alternifolia (tea tree) oil. I have added 3 drops to a tampon (you probably want to dilute it a little with olive oil or a good quality oil) and it works amazingly well!
Hugs to you mamas! My twins are 3 1/2 years old and they are still terrible sleepers. It's much better than it was several years ago, but they still wake up every night. I love co-sleeping, but I SO regret not having some kind of routine/structure to getting them asleep. I regret not teaching them how to go to sleep without me. Unfortunately, many things got (and still get) sacrificed because of the lack of sleep- including things I'll never get back. I...
My twins were born at 36 weeks and nursed beautifully. I had three older kids at home- all who were born vaginally. I honestly believe the recovery from my c-section was way easier than my vaginal births!! Granted, I had been on bed rest the whole pregnancy so I was elated to be up and moving- nothing was keeping me down! I had no complications, and I really feel it was easier for me. I nursed exclusively- never had to supplement. Just wanted to share, because I had...
Thanks all for the feedback! I do totally respect the fact that it's his body, his choice. He is a little more on the crunchy side himself, so I think that's what has made me a little sad about it all. I kind of feel like he went behind my back because he knew how I would feel about it- would he ever do that with my kids if we were married? He does always tell me what a good mom I am, and it's never been an issue for him- he seems to respect our non-vax status. I'm...
I guess I just need to vent with other like minded people. I am dating someone who was diagnosed with shingles last Thursday- the SAME day he got a flu vax!!!! He was dx by his doctor and then got the shot at work, but.... I'm frustrated on a couple of levels. First, he knows how I feel about vaccinations- which of course is completely his choice. He didn't even tell me until I asked, his son told me that his dad brought him in for a vax last week. Secondly, how...
I also would recommend using essential oils to treat MRSA. Tea tree is a great oil, I would definitely put it in a carrier oil (even olive oil is great) especially in the groin area. Make sure that any EO you use in therapeutic quality. Most of the stuff you get over the counter has synthetics in it. Another EO I would use is Thieves- from Young Living. You need a good quality diffuser (you can get them from Young Living, or Abundant Health) that will actually put...
I have a friend that had the same issue and she discovered that she had celiac disease.... Hope you feel better!
My son had the exact same issue about a year ago. He fell into a cupboard and his tooth went right through the skin- not too much but it was bleeding like crazy and looked horrible!! I though for sure they would do stitches when I brought him to the ER, but they looked at it and said that they usually never do stitches on the inside of mouths because they heal so quickly on their own. They thought about gluing the outside of the skin, because his tooth did go all the...