or Connect

Posts by mamaof5boys

Anyone heard of California Baby calming diaper rash ointment being okay for CDs?
I'm new to CD and trying to decide the same thing! At first I really liked the BG OS 3.0 but then I had it on my son last night and it leak (I had two pads in it and they were soaked)! It also left marks on his leg from the elastic- did I have it on too tight?? I am also trying the Thirsties AIO but I have the large and I think they are too big. With those I am noticing wicking around the gusets but not actual leaking. Is this common? I'm concerned with the BG's...
mehndi mama- I'm wondering if you've found a new detergent that you like? I am new to CD and have been trying 4 different types for only a week. I had a BG OS 3.0 on my son last night and it leaked (it had two totally soaked pads). I washed the diaper on a normal warm/warm extra rinse cycle about 6 hours after he had warn it and it smelled like urine out of the washer. I have been using Ecos free and clear detergent (I got it at Whole Foods) and we have a HE washer. ...
My LO's are now 11 months so the pregnancy seems so long ago!! My high risk OB told me I needed to gain 40-50 pounds because I was quite underweight when I got pregnant. I ended up gaining exactly 45 pounds. With my singleton pregnancies I gained 40. I never really worried about weight gain because I felt like as long as I was eating healthy (or at least trying) my body would get what it needed. Are your appointments going okay as far as measurement/US (if you've...
Quote: Originally Posted by CherylE Hi - I also have 5 kids and the first year with twins was so hard! I slept with them on a double futon mattress...it's all such a blur for me now ( my twins are 4 now) and I was so sleep deprived as I also had a 2,3, and 4 year old when my twins were born....but I just want to say that it does get easier as they get older!!! hang in there! Thank you! Thank you! It's SO great to hear from another mom of 5 who...
Novella, Just wanted to send a your way! I know how hard it is when you're feeling like this!! I hope things improve for you!! I LOVED nursing my older kids but I have had mixed feelings nursing the twins. I'm not sure if it's nursing two or just that it's numbers 4 and 5! Part of me is ready to have my body back and and the other part is so sad to see my little angels growing up! My oldest son slept in a crib by himself which now makes me really sad in some...
Poor thing! My heart goes out to you- I can totally relate! I was just thinking about you the other night because my dh and I watched a movie while the lo's crawled around and fell asleep and actually stayed asleep through the whole movie!!! Thanks for your advice!! My guys have been sleeping a little bit better but I think it's because my older kids went back to school after a long break and so there's peace and quiet during the day. They've been taking pretty decent...
Thank you SO much for the great feedback!! Now I'm wondering what the advantage is of the fitted diaper with a cover versus a pocket like BG OS or HH? It seems like the price of the fitted and cover are very similar to the pockets. Is it any cheaper because you can reuse the cover several times if they're only wet? Also- how often do you actually change diapers? one of my little guys just woke up after a three hour nap (unheard of in this house!!) He was wearing a...
Hello Mamas! I'm new to CD- tried a couple of times with my now 10 year old and they always leaked!! My little guys are 11 months and I'd like to try! I found this great website that offers "trial" diaper use and you can return any you don't like. http://denverdiaperco.irismarketbuilder.com/ I'm currently trying the Bumgenius 3.0 and Happy Heiny pockets and the Thirsties and Drybees AIO. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. I like the idea of the AIO...
Hello MamaRabbit! My heart goes out to you. My little guys just turned 11 months and they still nurse so frequently! They didn't really start eating solids until 10 months or so. I'm not sure when they have growth spurts because they nurse often it's so hard to tell!! I know with one of my older kids he nursed every two hours-even at night until about 18 months when he weaned at night. I do know that the twins have started nursing quite a bit less now that they're...