or Connect

Posts by mamaof5boys

My oldest gained weight well, but didn't have a very good latch. It caused lots of breastfeeding pain and problems for me for about the first two months and as he grew it got better. My son did have speech problems though, and when he was 5 years old had to go under general anesthesia for surgery that could have been done a lot easier when he was a baby. In hindsight, I wish we would've done it when he was a baby and just gotten it over with. Good luck! I know it's so...
Thanks for the link! That's part of the information I saw- fascinating! Someone had asked about being in mountains, but there was never a real clear answer. Sounds like it's probably okay if it's over 10,000 feet.
Seems like there's been a lot of pertussis going around lately. I have a close friend who's family all has it, and I was with them recently so was probably exposed... I have been reading about using altitude (over 10,000 feet for thirty minutes) to decrease the symptoms of pertussis. Most of the studies talk about people chartering flights to accomplish this. We live close to mountains and would easily be able to get above 10,000 feet without an airplane. Has anyone...
I was rubbing my 14 yr old's back last night and noticed that he had some curvature in his spine. There was approximately 2-3 inches of his spine that was about an inch from the midline. Has anyone else had experience with this? Is this something that needs to be evaluated by a doctor, and what do they do to treat? My son is 5'11'' and weighs about 110 pounds- he's had huge growth spurts in the past 6 months and I'm wondering if the fast growth contributes to this, and...
Yes on the gift cards!!! We got tons of gift cards- from all different venues. Even the generic Visa gift cards were great to buy groceries or whatever. I still have cards left over from a year ago we had so many.
After my DH passed away we were inundated with food- so much that a lot was given away or tossed. Flowers/plants were nice, but it was just one more thing to have to take care of. I agree with the PP that it is nice to wait until everyone leaves and they will be able to use it. I know you don't know them very well, but the biggest help for me was help with the day to day things. Several of my neighbors mowed our lawn without even asking, offering to do laundry, grocery...
I second the asthma concern. My son had a persistent cough- started as a cold, but then when I brought him in the doctor thought it was asthma. Just something to keep in mind. Hope he feels better!
I just looked up this med in Medications and Mother's Milk- 2006 edition and it's an L2. He states that 24 hours of pumping would eliminate risks, although this seems rather extreme in view of the short half-life, poor oral bioavailability, and limited milk levels. I would have no worries about even nursing shortly after receiving this med. Blessings!
Just curious to hear from others who have twins to see if you think identical twins are closer emotionally than fraternal twins? I was talking to a friend yesterday who is a fraternal twin, and has fraternal twins and she felt very strongly that identical twins are much more bonded emotionally. I have three older boys who are close in age, and they were never as emotionally in sync, and bonded as my identical twins. My twins are so in tune with each other and...
Couldn't read and not post.... Holding you in love and light. I too had severe bleeding with my twins- who are now healthy 3 year olds!!! I had the first bleed at 8 weeks and then again at 13 weeks. After that point I was on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy. I didn't have anymore bleeding after that though, but did have some preterm labor. After delivery the doctors decided that the placenta had torn and was slightly compromised- which resulted in one twin...