or Connect

Posts by jadielynn

I am dealing with a almost 2.5 year old. Getting him to understand that him and I are on the same team, and that rules are there to help us all be safe and feel loved. It is very hard to not punish him for not obeying rules. One thing that I have implemented lately that is helping is acting, doing what I think is necessary at the time of conflict, but not over doing it with communication. It doesn't work for everyone, but it may help. Act with what is reasonable to...
Anyone want to talk aobut twilight series? I am enthralled in these books. so much fun and suspense.
:: I know I have seen somewhere a good post about what to pack, and i have read other ones here and there, and i posted this in another place, but beyond the basics clothes, siwmsuit for the birthing tub, and clothes for baby, what little extras should i bring. I am thinking about bringing my breast pump to possibly help with induceing, or progressing labor. I like the idea of bringing the Bach Rescue remedy, And some Arnica tablets and some Mother's milk...
I know I have seen somewhere a good post about what to pack, and i have read other ones here and there, but beyond the basics clothes, siwmsuit for the birhting tub, and clothes for baby, what little extras should i bring. I am thinking about bringing my breast pump to possibly help with induceing, or progressing labor. I like the idea of bringing the Bach Rescue remedy, And some Arnica tablets and some Mother's milk tea, Got any ideas of things to pack, or any...
Quote: Originally Posted by dlm194 I was just looking at these numbers. The 2004 maternal death rate was 13.1 deaths per 100,000 live births. Those numbers are not accurate though. according to Masking Maternal Mortality by Ina May Gaskin in this months March/April mothering magazine “Even the published maternal death rate is far form accurate. According to the CDC, in 1998, there is so much misclassification in the US system of...
Quote: Originally Posted by kiara7 US still has a lot to learn in taking care of mothers. My mom is shocked that you just leave the hospital the next day here (not that anyone would want to stay in these hospitals), no one calls, no one comes over - you're all on your own. This country needs to seriously start taking care of the hard-working, tax-paying citizens and provide some SOCIAL GUARANTEES. It is true. at least a sheduled...
Quote: Originally Posted by barefootpoetry Sister I am right up on that soapbox with you. My overly medicalized, poorly managed hospital birth very nearly killed me. I would not have come close to bleeding to death from a cervical laceration if I were not forced to push for FOUR HOURS when I wasn't ready, in lithotomy, with an epidural, etc. Oddly enough, the C-section I had gave me no complications! The problems came from the mismanagement of the VAGINAL...
sept 2007 mamas i found my tribe at last!
["the US has got to get its house in order: birth, postpartum care, breastfeeding support, baby milk advertising legislation- the works. It's just too hard to read articles like that knowing how many intelligent women- my friends- are affected by this and how little I can do to help over here."] It is hard to read them, and see our frineds that don't know. I think this issue is probably one of the most important ones parrallel with the infant mortality. The other two...
THis probalby won't help, but TRY hard to look at all the postive things. You didn't have to Nicu, you have a healthy baby, and your are working hard to do the best you can for her. That is all you can ask of yourself. A famous qoute form someone i admire " Be believing be happy don't get discouraged things will work out." GB Hinckley You have put up a mighty good fight for what you bleieve in and it keeps crashing in on you. This is like a refiners fire to see what you...