or Connect

Posts by iris0110

I am so so so sorry to read this. Shannon was always so supportive to me. Right after Arawyn died, and through the whole trauma of TTCing and Tharen's rough pregnancy she was there. Not to mention all of the help she gave when I had doggy drama. I will be thinking of her whole family, particularly Molly and Isla who will have to grow up without her. I know she will be with them always.
Just returned from Tharen's 2yr well check..... and he is still 100% vax free. WOOT!!! I knew you ladies would appreciate this. DR H is really good about it, he's never given us a hard time. Today he gave us kudos on how wonderfully healthy Tharen is. He is never sick, I mean never. He's had one sick appt in his entire life adn I only took him in because dh had strep and I wanted to make sure he didn't have it too. His was a complication of seasonal allergies. He...
I got pertussis as a teen adn had the same problem. Not a single dr believed it. It was always something else. Finally after 4 weeks a dr looked at me and said "well obviously she has whooping cough." Did the culture and sure enough. I don't remember him giving me anything, but by then I was really starting to recover anyway. I dont' know in a healthy teen that there is anything to do medically, but it needs to be reported. That is why the rates are so skewed.
I don't know, a little bit of everything. The toxic chemicals, the long term effects on the body of developing children, effects that we may not even notice for years. The missinformation floating around about vaccines. The link to new resistant strains of bacteria. Pushing normal childhood diseases off onto older populations. And I think maybe the scariest is the willful disregard by the pharma companies and the government to the dangers. Just that they spend so...
My oldest was originally diagnosed with severe PDD NOS, SPD, and speech delay. He regressed after his 18 month MMR vaccination. We later learned that he had brain damage caused by acute encephalitis which is a known side effect of the MMR vaccine and which his neuro believes to be the cause. He also has live measels virus living in his intestines and some other related stomach problems. He has not had another official evaluation (other than for speech therapy, he is...
I have allergy problems, they could be vax related, but could also be related to being raised by a grandmother who smoked and living in an area that is especially bad for allergens and pollution. Ds1 on the other hand has PDD NOS which was caused by encephalitis caused by his MMR vaccine. He is doing much better with treatment, but his brain is forever changed.
I cd'd ds2 from birth and I definately learned a few things. I had planned on a cheapy stash of fitteds and covers/wool to get me through a few months till he settled into md's (we knew he would be a big baby and go to mds fast). Well I realized quickly that nbs hate to be changed (I already knew that, just didn't realize how that would affect using fitteds and covers) and so diapering was awful with him. I couldn't get them on his fast enough, he jsut screamed. Plus...
Ds1 was my heavy wetter, but he didn't wet at night at all so we just needed somethign that could handle his morning flood. We used Bum-ware AIO's for him and they worked really great. Ds2 pees all night, so he needed something that would hold alot but also not leak out the side. He can't use Bum-ware cause they don't fit on him at all. We tried pockets but they would leak out the legs at night no matter what. We now only use fitteds in general. At night we use...
I use this http://melindaslotions.com/catalog.php?item=1&catid=4 and it has yet to hurt my diapers. Naturally Luxe also used to make a diaper rash cream that was wonderful, talk about fast rash relief. I couldn't find it when I needed to buy more though. http://www.naturallyluxe.com/index.p...duct_list&c=17
Our stash is almost exclusively fitteds (we have a few AIO's for when ds wears jeans). The benefit to fitteds is that they are cheaper than AIO's, you can use wool over them instead of PUL (ds got heat rash with PUL) and in most cases they dry faster. In an AIO when the PUL wears out thats it, the diaper is done, with a fitted if a cover wears out you just buy a new cover (but wool wears a very long time, I've never had a wool cover wear out on me). And you can do...