or Connect

Posts by iris0110

I don't have a daughter so that thought hadn't occured to me, but sometimes I do worry about the women ds will meet. What if one of them really does pressure him about getting cut? I mean I know only a really shallow woman would do it, but I still don't want him feeling baddly about himself, or worse yet making a decision he would later regret for a girl. It would be so much better if circ wasn't the norm in the US. THen we wouldn't have to worry about these things.
Ok something that the most recent JMcC thread got me thinking about. I was all upset about this board because of some of the words that are used and what I perceived to be an overall feeling of dislike of parents who tried to cure their child of autism. But that got me thinking more in depth about it. And I realized that it is the wording that is all off. It is how we define autism. Bear with me here this may not make sense till the end but I promise I have a point...
I'm sorry, we tried gf/cf and Kearnan starved himself too. He was just over 18months at the time. He was tiny to start and losing weight was just too much. We first added goats milk yogurt and made high fat smoothies with it, but finally just broke down and gave in. It turned out later that the diet wasnt the thing for him anyway. He has a different set of issues. Have you tried him on hemp milk? My youngest is allergic to cow's milk and he loves his hemp milk. ...
All I can add is a little annecdotal evidence. I was fully vaxed as a child, i mean there were less vaxes than there are now, but i had them all. Including pertusis. I had my last booster at 5yrs. As a teen I got sick with a cough that just wouldn't go away. My brother said I sounded like a cat coughing up a hairball. And that continued for weeks. I went to three different dr's and they all said that because i was vaxed it wasn't pertussis. It was bronchitis, it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kodama Your situation with your son is why there needs to be a standard for testing and care (MRI, EEG, allergy testing, screen for celiac, metabolic and genetic testing, and neuropsychological) for any child that presents with autistic tendencies or symptoms...especially if they start regressing. This should be done before the final dx of autism is made. That way parents can know what they are dealing with and address any...
Quote: Originally Posted by jennica Cure doesn't always mean fixing something that is defective. In fact, the first meaning for the word on dictionary.com is, "1. a means of healing or restoring to health; remedy." A remedy, or restoring someone to health, is exactly what Jenny McCarthy is describing. Her son was healthy and happy, and then as she describes it, something happened and he changed. It was her perception that he was no longer healthy or...
Charlies soap didn't work for us at all. The diapers smelled awful coming out of the dryer when we used it. Same with Allen's. We use the cheap stuff from Sam's. It comes in a giant bucket and is super cheap. It has no additives, just detergent. Now our diapers smell nice and clean and we don't have any build up issues. I use it for all of our clothes and it lasts forever.
Not for every child, but for my child yes. I know that his MMR caused it. It caused encephalitis which caused braindamage which caused his PDD NOS. Though he has some other toxic load problems, probably from being vaxed from birth on (and my rhogam shot) but it was definately the MMR that did the big damage. He also has an active measels infection in his gut (same strain from the vaccine : ). But i know that isn't the case for all autistic children.
This just happened to us last month too. We just bought a house so our expenses went up dramatically. I called and they said it was correct, we were supposed to get that. I'm glad cause November is one of three month in a year that dh gets three checks and they plan for that and we don't get paid those months. The extra will get us through till the next one.
Quote: Originally Posted by Shianne I had my porch light off and a do not disturb sign on my door and still got people knocking on my door! I consider that imposing. I'm sorry, going and knocking on a strangers door to ask for free stuff is imposing even if it is known what day it is. Some people do not mind the imposition, but others do. I wish people in my neighbourhood respected that. It happens year after year. Maybe I should pass out some...