or Connect

Posts by iris0110

Another place that I don't fit in either camp. I don't fully trust western medicine. I see it treating every day life as a dangerous disease. Alot of time is spent scaring people into doing things in some attempt at prophylaxis that is just making things worse. If it weren't for the over use of antibiotics and those stupid antibacterial hand gels and soaps we wouldn't be seeing these frightening MRSA problems. This is a problem that rests on the shoulders of western...
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyaW Oh, that is terrible. I'm so sorry that happened!!! Do you mind me asking how soon after he started acting this way? I haven't vaxed yet and want to do more research before I make a long term final decision. It was within two weeks. It seems reactions (other than the immediate anaphylactic kind) are most common around 10-14 days post vax, and that was our experience. I would have to look over some of the old...
Well Kearnan had his MMR vax at 18 months and that is the vax he reacted to (didn't have any other vaxes that day so it had to be that one). Not sure if I should post this here or on the 12month one where MMR is listed. I'll post here, let me know if I should move it. Kearnan had his first dose MMR vax at his 18 month appt. Directly afterward he was fine (no imediate swelling or fever). Soon after he stopped speaking and started screaming. It was the worst sound...
Yep alot of pagan's are cause it isn't natural. Now that isn't to say that all are, not all of any faith do anything you know. Also most UU ministers will sign a waiver if you need them to. Since UU's all believe different things, and most of the people at my UU church don't vax. Imagine a nursery full of unvaxed kids.
Nope, Kearnan was normal (except for high volume reflux as a little baby) until he hit 18months. He was social, he was super verbal, he responded to his name. He played appropriately with toys and other children, he was even interested in potty training. Then he suddenly regressed. He stopped talking, stopped making eye contact, stopped socializing with other children and playing with toys. He would jsut lay on the floor holding his head and screaming non stop. IT...
I haven't really dealt with this. My parents know me well enough to know it isn't worth the fight, and my inlaws aren't so sold on western medicine either sooooo. I firmly believe that children are at greater risk from being vaxed. If you vax not only do you risk all of the reactions, but you risk getting the disease as well. No vax is 100% and they all wear off. I also believe that childhood illnesses are infact beneficial. I think our trying to eradicate them has...
Well a study done by the AAP proved that first dose MMR caused encephalitis. In my son's case this is what caused his autism (at least the pedi neuro thinks so and I tend to agree). They have also found the exact strain of measels from the vax in the intestines of autistic children (again my son has this). So I would say that's a pretty strong correlation. THey say there is no evidence to prove a causal relationship, but that is more than the ammount of evidence they...
We had great luck with a DAN! Dr for ds1. Ds1 was diagnosed with PDD NOS at 3yrs old. We happen to believe (and have quite a bit of evidence to prove it) that he was damaged by his MMR vaccine. He developed at a normal to advanced pace until the vax at 18months at which time he regressed and developed traits we had never seen in him before. Like your ds he didn't eat much at all, and he had alot of tummy problems. We took him in to the DAN! Dr for the first time 1yr...
It's not just the MMR, though that is the most frequently linked vax. Any vax could do it, in a particularly susceptible child. However yes all children do from time to time flap their arms or spin. Heck my husband flaps his hands when he is excited and he isn't on the spectrum. That is just how some people show their excitement. However if you are genuinely worried it will not hurt to have an evalutation. If anything is going on, the sooner you start intervention...
Kearnan has been on methyl B12 shots for just over a year. Both because he tested deficient and because it is a methyl donor. He has made tremedous strides in that year, over 2.5yrs of improvement in his language, and 2yrs in social and self care skills. He is more receptive and responsive. I did wonder if it was just because of all of the interventions together supplements (he is on several supplements because of his feeding issues his diet is sorely lacking), B12...