or Connect

Posts by Toolip

Quote: Originally Posted by katie9143 whats bare root? and how do you plant something in the ground right now with it all frozen? so you buy the blueberry plants/in pots now and put them straight in the ground? or you mean you start them from seed in pots now? thanks Here's a little blurb about bare root plants: http://nga-gardenshop.stores.yahoo.n...erennials.html I didn't realize the ground was still frozen. I'm on the edge of zone 8 and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Joyfulmom4 Religious origins aside, there's something to be said for allowing people (and communities) a rest. And for being able to postpone the fulfillment of desires that are not urgent. And for being free from the expectation that you have to be available all the time. And for the less obvious acknowledgment that the lives and needs of others have value too. There *is* a cost to individuals and society though. It's...
Quote: Originally Posted by Limabean1975 What is a 2V cord? 2 vessel cord
Quote: Originally Posted by katie9143 i have been wondering about berries! did you start yours from seed? also, does it take several seasons for them to actually grow fruit? someone told me that i should buy mature plants and that i probably should have put them in last fall (i kinda ran outta time since we closed on this house a few days before thanksgiving...) tia The best way to get most berries (vines like blackberries and canes like...
This is a very interesting thread! I can see why it would be nice and it has nothing to do with church or religion to me. I don't know if I can really explain it but it is part of the reason that I really like Christmas. I think it's neat to have a day when nobody is doing their normal day-to-day things. I don't think it is really the same to take a day off by yourself or with your family when the whole rest of the world is still spinning around you. I don't...
For me the real issue is generating less trash in the first place. What kind of bag is a very small part IMO. I think it is really important to only empty the trash when it is full but I think that worrying about the kind of bag is focusing on the least important part of the trash issue. The only time that I will use the biodegradable bags (made from corn or potatoes) are when I am collecting compost at a cooking event (filling the back of my truck with compost!!). ...
Quote: Originally Posted by katie9143 ok so i got most of my seeds and some of those trays that someone else in another thread recommended. so what are good veggies to start early and which ones would it be bad to start this soon? i have the space and can transplant if something gets too big. (im talking about inside of course in case that wasnt obvious) Here's what I have started so...
:
Quote: Originally Posted by aurora_skys can you make anonymous calls? I'm not sure where you are but in California you absolutely can.
Quote: Originally Posted by Annikate Thank you! It wouldn't generate a fall planting schedule for me b/c we don't get a fall frost. lol It won't generate a fall schedule for anyone, so you are not alone That part is under construction