or Connect

Posts by Sumada

Sarah Meysenburg, PNP, at Children's Clinic in Mpls.
I see Elizabeth Berry Jensen, CNM, at Hudson Phycisians in Hudson, Wi.
Hello,   I really am worried about my dear friend who just had her baby @33 weeks. She had an emergency c-section do to preeclampsia. I knew in my gut this was going to happen a few days ago so I'm deciding to follow my gut this time and make sure that she bonds with this baby. She saw the baby once yesterday for a few minutes. She was taken out of ICU yesterday, but still has high blood pressure and is "pretty out of it" according to her hubby. I'm just really...
Thanks for the responses. I am really trying to see this situation from another perspective. That's why I posted here.   No, it wouldn't bother me, but I guess I see it as a different situation. This is why:   Again, I have been fortunate in the fact I was able to have kids myself. And I don't know what my friends are going through, not being able to have their own children. I am really trying to put myself in their shoes. I guess I can't say for sure that if I couldn't...
I have a friend who is in the process of adopting two boys from a third world country. They were placed with a 18 month old and a baby. A few weeks after the placement they were informed that their baby died (while still in the orphanage) and then a few weeks later, placed again with another baby. Ever since their baby "replacement" I've been very resentful of them and their situation. I have distanced myself from them. I guess it just really bothers me that their baby...
I suppose I should have said where I live - in Wisconsin. Our soil under the topsoil is actually quite sandy. I don't think we ever reach it with the tiller though. We also put some semi-rotted manure on the garden last year and tilled it in. I say semi rotted b/c I could still see some manure and lots of straw was in there as well. I'm wondering if that made it clay-y.   I'll check out the fungus. Sounds interesting.   I thought tilling every year was a good...
We see Sarah Meysenburg, PNP. I think we are going to stick with her for now.
Wow! Sorry I didn't come back to this thread sooner. I didn't realize it had gained some momentum. Just a quick update and more later: we talked, said he was fine watching the kids that day, was shocked that I said I would leave him if it happens again (or telling him not to come back here if he does that again) and everything has been fine since. I think part of the issue is we used to get out a lot and he especially misses those times. And I'm not necessarily talking...
This year our garden plants seemed really slow growing. Peas and beans took forever to start, then they quickly died, from rot I think. Our tomato plants all got blight (I started some heirloom seeds, now I see why people have hybridized!), cukes got powdery mildew, broccoli heads were very small, cauliflower didn't even bloom...I could go on and on. What are we doing wrong? We always till compost into the garden soil in spring and I composted around the plants with more...
Are you sure you can't get state medical assistance? I had my own private insurance yet qualified for state Medicaid while I was pregnant. When I had to see the dr, my dr clinic would bill my private insurance first and then it went to my medicaid. I thought for sure I wouldn't qualify, but b/c I was pregnant I did. I know it wouldn't take care of all your bills, but medicaid paid for all my bills 3 months back. Plus, my baby is covered now for a year on medicaid. Sorry...