or Connect

Posts by poppan

I tried to do three across the back of my Audi Allroad wagon (I think it's similar size-wise to Subaru). I had two Radians (narrowest seats I could find, about 17" wide) and then one Graco Snugride. (I have older twins plus new baby.) The seat was technically wide enough, but it barely fit. We couldn't use the base for the bucket seat--that made it too wide. Apparently I had less room than I thought I did because we needed to leave about 2" on each side for the side...
Great job mama! I am not a single parent but I nightweaned my twins on my own without DH's help. (I know it's not the same, at least he was there down the hall and I could go insist he help me if all heck did break loose.)   In my case I had done various things attempting to get them to learn to fall asleep on their own, here and there, but never really succeeded. When they were 22 months old I finally decided I could not hack it anymore and decided to night...
Yup. That sounds like the US Immigration Dept that I know.
That is really wonderful that the hospital and doctor really worked with you.   I had a c-section with my twins (my first pregnancy). We had lots of things working against us but I did manage to nurse them both until they were 31 months old.   Things working against us: - prematurity (34w5d) - long NICU stay (over 6 weeks for DS, over 2 weeks for DD) - milk didn't come in until day 6 - started formula because they were too little to wait for my milk to...
I really like the Nature Babycare brand of pullups. It's really soft and I like them better than seventh gen. My Target has them and amazon sells them but you have to buy a four pack.
P.S. can I ask who your midwives were at Sage Femme?
Sounds like I should really check out Sage Femme! Thanks!
Thank you--I had forgotten about Pitocin vs Oxytocin... that is a very good point. I did some more reading on MDC yesterday and am arranging an in-person "interview" with the MW and will ask her the recommended questions... that should uncover something right? I am just so bad at interviewing people, I like everybody. I have a new wrinkle... DH seems very against having this baby at home. I didn't think about it because he went along with it last time (although...
We are fairly sure we had it... at least our pedi thought so, but we didn't actually do the culture to confirm because it would have taken a week (too late to do anything differently as far as treatment) and would have meant reporting to the state (I stopped vaxing at 2 months of age). I started feeding both kids lots of vitamin C (I didn't do the SA powder, just gave them chewables like every hour) even before we went to the pedi. I finally went to the pedi because DD...
I don't think I have a specific question... maybe I just need to process some things from my first birth. I had twins the first time around, planned a home birth but didn't make it far enough. My water broke at 32.5 weeks, I was on hospital bedrest 2 weeks, felt terrible each night with back pain (back labor?). I remember being all alone in my hospital room crying for my mom (like in a really primordial way) and begging the staff for Vicodin to relieve the pain. I...