or Connect

Posts by Bloomingstar

well I spoke with an IBCLC and waited awhile before finally making the decision. She assured me that it was more a question of parenting than of nutrition, which made me feel less guilty about not wanting to pump anymore. He's eating plenty food and still nurses on demand when we are together. he certainly was nursing at night, as soon as we got home, and as much as he wants on the weekends. But we'd started to notice that if he was out and about with DH, for example,...
well I spoke with an IBCLC and waited awhile before finally making the decision. She assured me that it was more a question of parenting than of nutrition, which made me feel less guilty about not wanting to pump anymore. He's eating plenty food and still nurses on demand when we are together. he certainly was nursing at night, as soon as we got home, and as much as he wants on the weekends. But we'd started to notice that if he was out and about with DH, for example,...
I recently got tired of pumping at work--my DS was about 17 or 18 months at the time and I'd been sending 6 to 9 oz a day for awhile (I started working 3 days a week at 10 months and upped it to 4 days at 15 months). I decided that he could survive with drinking water during the day and nursing as much as he wanted when he was with me. And he's adjusted just fine to that! I didn't and don't have to supplement with anything since I didn't want him to have animal milk and...
wow, I haven't been around for awhile! I, too, fantasize about getting away from the sirens and singing fools and having a nice house with a yard, etc. My husband keeps making up timelines in which we will move to the Caribbean, so who knows when and where we'll actually go. (And Jannah and Arike, have you all been following the rapist/slasher stuff going on in the neighborhood? all bad). I've gone to a few Mocha Moms things and I had similar feelings. I've...
congratulations! I agree with the other ladies--it's a new life coming to join you all. just do the best you can to take care of yourself.
maybe also check your b12 levels. I second the other suggestions! and I guess get yourself to the dr. or midwife
I say go with your gut. I agree with the other poster who said your job is to protect your DD.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
I second betsy--it'll pass. We co-sleep with my DS (almost 10 mos) and he took to waking up at 3 or 4am for a few days in a row and trying out all his new tricks. very cute stuff, but not so much at 4am. thankfully, he's quit it now. But putting him in all the way asleep should do the trick.
Hi everone! I'm still around, just not as much. Lamine is growing so quickly it is hard to keep up! He just cut his third tooth, is crawling all over the place (and following us around) and pulling up to standing and doing all sorts of things. He'll be 10 months in about a week. I applied for and got a part-time job that I am actually excited about but my anxiety about leaving my baby with someone else during the day for 3 days a week has kind of dampened the...