or Connect

Posts by lunagal

I totally agree! It works magic on all kinds of other stains too I've discovered!
Here is some additional info from @AFRIpads in response to a question about the availability of water to clean the pads:   Access to water is indeed an essential factor in the use of cloth pads. Uganda is a relatively lush country, contrary to common perceptions of Africa. However, areas of the country are quite dry and drought prone, making them unsuitable for use of cloth pads. As such, the schools we target to receive donations and outreach are carefully...
Thank you Mothering for your support of our campaign and to the MDC community who made such generous contributions! 350 girls are not only excited with their new pads, but now have a healthy and sustainable way to stay in school during their periods!
Great news everyone! Thanks to your generous support, we have been able to collectively raise enough funds to support the possibility for up to 350 girls to participate in Shanti Uganda's At Risk Girls program. Girls will change the world!
Great news everyone! Thanks to your generous support, we have been able to collectively raise enough funds to support the possibility for up to 350 girls to participate in Shanti Uganda's At Risk Girls program. Girls will change the world!
Dear friends,   Thank you for your support. We have now raised funds for 123 girls to attend the workshops and a growing wave of support is well underway.
Thanks everyone. The fundraising tally is now grown to support for 123 girls, thanks to a recent donation from our friends at Red Tent Sisters!
Hi Friends!   In case you haven't seen it, @lunadiva and I are hosting an open house and fundraiser at Lunapads in support of our trip to Uganda. The event is on Monday Jan 9th at 6:30pm and you are all welcome to stop by and mingle.  (We leave Jan 15th.) Details are here on Eventbrite, on Facebook, and on our blog. In addition to beverages and snacks, there will also be a great silent auction and door prizes. Hope you can make it.   MDC has a post about...
@seashells. Maybe she'd like Lunapanties then? In addition to be lined with absorbent cotton fleece in the gusset panel, you can add additional removable liners in the gusset, that are held together with bands, to accomodate heavier flow. There are also lots of cute and discreet carry bag options to stash soiled pads and liners.   I do totally get it about being a teen and having to deal with reusables at school and the risk of embarrassment. It will ultimately depend on...
Chris and the Mothering team: thank you so much for collaborating with us on this very exciting journey.   If anyone has any questions about Pads4Girls, the trip, the AfriPads kIts or Shanti Uganda, I'd be happy to answer them.   This will be my first trip to Uganda (and Africa for that matter!) so if any one has any tips to share, I'd welcome them.   Warmly, Suzanne