or Connect

Posts by yasinsmama

Thanks so much mamas Coalifetime - I tried hand expressing a few times while she was nursing and that worked. during the day time I'm going to undress her more and see if that keeps her interested. Even if she's wide awake she just nurses for that short time. Andreaolsen - I've started burping her when she pops off then offering again. Most times she won't take it immediately. But maybe 45 minutes later she does. Asiago - I do baby wear. I haven't been wearing her...
Hey mamas! This site was a HUGE help to me 4 1/2 years ago when I had DS. I had my 2nd LO 2 weeks ago. I haven't been here in awhile but I knew this was the place to come with my questions. DD was born 11/18. Since the day she was born, she will only nurse for about 3-5 minutes on one side at a time (occasionally 6 or 7 minutes). I have tried everything to get her to nurse longer. She just won't. She has been extremely sleepy and is just now waking up a little, but she...
Thank you SO much everyone for your replies. I don't know what made me think of it, but last night, I told DS before we went to sleep that he could nurse, and I would count to 20. When I got to 20 we were finished. He said "ok". I said "20", and he stopped, as if to say "she said 20, what now". He whined for a few minutes, then we fell asleep. I did the same thing tonight. I said "17", then he said "18" lol. I got to 20 an he stopped without crying. I was taking very long...
DS is 2 years and 8 months old. He still nurses at night before bed, and he falls asleep like that. I know he can sleep without it because he sleeps for DH and my mom when i'm not around. I'm ready to stop nursing because i'm tired. I love my boy to death, and i'm SO happy that we've come this far, but I think it's time. Sometimes, at night, i'll tell him "i'll let you nurse for a little it, then no more". He tells me "no 'no more' ". If I take my breast out of his...
Does anyone make their own liquid detergent? Any tried and true recipes? Does it clean your clothes just as well as the detergent that costs way too much? I have a HE front load washer. I'm tired of spending so much money on detergent, and am looking for an alternative. I really like the liquid detergent as opposed to powder form. Thanks for any help.
Thanks. I bought some shiny garland to hang in the doorway (I don't feel like plugging and unplugging lights all month). I bought some construction paper, and I plan to make an Islamic and Gregorian countdown calendar. I'll let DS put a sticker on each day as we break our fast. I planned to write some verses related to Ramadan on the contruction paper and put them on the wall. I found some moon and star cut-outs at the dollar store. He's only 2, and this stuff won't...
Salaam mamas. Do you put up any decorations for Ramadan? DS is only 2, but i'd like to start some kind of tradition to get him excited about Ramadan and Eid. So what do you do?
Thanks so much everyone!! Liquesce (Salaam)- Funny you should mention it. I don't like the "leashes", but I jokingly mentioned that this would be a good situation for one. So I'm seriously considering it. We are going to Morocco, the streets are ridiculously crowded. If you take your hand off of your kid for one second, they're gone (atleast that's what my paranoid brain keeps envisioning). If not for any other reason, it would give me peace of mind to use over there.
DH and I will be traveling overseas with our 2 year old. I think we've decided to not bring the carseat so DS can use his seat as a play area. But DH doesn't want to bring the umbrella stroller either. I don't want to worry about carrying a toddler while running through three different airports. I have a list of snacks and toys that I've started. Any suggestions to make this easier? Any experience with taking vs no taking a stroller? TIA
My 2 year old is extremely picky. I can't remember the last time he ate a vegetable. He used to LOVE roasted broccoli and cauliflower, now he acts like he's dying if it touches his tongue. He lives on homemade waffle, organic chicken nuggets with ketchup (those things are expensive), yogurt, bagels with cream cheese, those veggie straws that are like chips, PB&J occasionally, and blueberry muffins. He will not eat cheese, veggies, or any meat other than chicken. Won't eat...