or Connect

Posts by CharlieToaster

DS1 attended a co-op play based pre-school for 2 years and it was awesome. All sorts of things were available to do but nothing at all was forced upon him and he basically played. He wouldn't even pick up a writing tool until his first day of kindergarten. It really is about socialization and it is very important. I would imagine even if you are homeschooling you will be socializing your child in some way and there are plenty of available options out there. We thought...
Hi! My kindergartener hates school. He's having real issues with fine motor skills and I think if he gets some extra one on one help with writing it will make all the difference in the world. Anyone have any experience in helping a 5 year old boy how to write or know anyone who does? We are in Fishers. Thanks in advance! Victoria :-)
Bumping this up. We are looking serious now. Charity, did you go to the open house? What did you think? I've been contacted by phone a few times and that was weird. It sounded like a general call center they hired to take calls. The woman was really defensive about home schooling vs. traditional schooling and I barely said a word. I really want the best of both worlds and realize what it is. They wanted me to make sure I knew state tests would be required...
We did our son's party at a bounce place. Our party coordinator was awesome! She did so much - not only cleaning but writing down what gifts were from whom and take things to and from our car. We tipped her $20. She earned it. If you are bringing everything then it's probably not expected. We bought drinks and ice cream and goodie bags etc... It wasn't a 20% tip but I'm sure she was happy with it. She totally remembered us the next time we were there just as a...
I'd love to know if you sense anything about the doc? Thanks so much in advance!!!
Cool! Me too!!!! The only thing holding us back is the social aspect. My son wants to play. But, I think he will get much more out of everything else indy has to offer in home school classes as well. He is in YK+ in the morning and afternoon kindergarten at Hoosier Rd Elem. He's so tired when he gets home it's hard to work with him. He is learning a lot but it seems like so much of his day is taken up with nothing. When he starts with 1st grade there will be...
Are there any Indy moms with kids enrolled in Hoosier Academy. I'm thinking of it as an option for my kindergartener. Anyone have any experience with it? My son is in K right now in HSE. He is doing well. I just think he could be doing better. Seems like there is a lot of wasted time. I like the idea HA has an actual school with teachers and home school. I'd like to give my son more one on one time in learning but I need help with that and HA supplies that. ...
I had a birth center delivery and my son had the chord wrapped around his neck. He was rather blue when he was born and it did cause the midwives to cut the chord right away and give me a shot of pit to deliver the placenta right away to be sure but all was fine.
My L&D nurse delivered twins naturally in the hospital. They made her do it in an operating room but she did delivery naturally. I LOVED her! Better then any midwife!
Personally, I believe there is a lot of good reasons to support homebirth and there will probably be a lot more data as it can be collected. Personally, I chose a doctor because when I became pregnant with my last I was living in the middle of nowhere and my options weren't good. Here, in Indianapolis there are so many hospitals, nicu's and children's hospitals that I can't imagine a routine birth at home not being safe. Even when ds1 was born he was blue and the...