or Connect

Posts by petitchou

And I am going batty! Ds3 is pretty much attached all night long. Once I put him down, he'll give me a two hour stretch - and sometimes I can nurse him back to sleep for another little stretch if I'm not quite ready for bed - but it seems like once I come to bed, he just won't unlatch. I am so frustrated and tired. Ds1 and ds2 both took forever to actually get to sleep but would give me a good 4 hour stretch before waking every 2-3 hours until morning. This is my 'easy'...
Thanks for your thoughts. I should add that I am 36 and only have one ovary (that works very well apparently ;-) and don't want to wait too long so the time factor stresses me too. I know it's not a decision that *has* to be decided right away - but sometimes I feel like it is...
I am really struggling with this. We have 3 boys - 6, 3 and 13 months. Three was always a number in my head. In fact, after ds2, I really wasn't sure I wanted another baby but I knew I wanted three kids and wanted to get it over with so we could move on to the next phase in our life. Now that we are here though, it's so much harder! All the obvious reasons point to stopping at three. Dh is open to more - he wants more like 4 or 5 - but he has such a hard time dealing with...
Peggy Franklin and Kim Pekin at NOVA Natural Birth Center. They are CPMs so are not affiliated with a dr and they do homebirths too. Ds3 was born at the birth center and it was such an amazing experience!
Interesting. I'm never quite sure how much to say to anybody. If we do selective vaccines at a clinic and I don't tell school, I assume we don't tell the dr either, right? So I would need to find someone accepting no vax patients. It would be so nice to not be pressured at every visit about it! I'm curious - do you ask up front about their vaccine policy or just state your position and see what they say? Or just keep refusing vaccines and hope they eventually get the hint?...
Ds turned 5 in November and will start kindergarten next fall.  He has received all the vaccines he needs except the Hep B series (needs all 3 of them) and varicella and I really don't want to give him those.  However, short of a religious exemption, I'm not sure how to do that.  If I'm correct, I can't selectively vax with a religious exemption, right? I'm in VA.  And if I sign a religious exemption, does that mean I can't vaccinate my other two younger children at...
Or do you just give ibuprofen then? Ds2 has never run higher than 102. He's at 103 right now and seems miserable - just zoned out. We've all had the same cold and I felt miserable yesterday with a low-grade temp so I'm sure he does too. I'm worried he's working on an ear infection and prefer to let the fever run its course. But I don't want him to feel bad either. Ds1 often ran high fevers of 103-104 but that seemed to be normal for him. Plus I was able to sit and cuddle...
So I talked with my mom about the Christmas stuff and I think we have worked something out.  They are making the special wagon for ds1 and will make a horse trailer out of the wagon for ds2 since he is into horses and will have a blast loading them in.  Of course, that means I will have to return the smaller one I already got him which I thought was the perfect size for him and different from anything else we have and easy for him to work with...but I'm moving...
I need some (very gentle please) perspective here.  This got kind of long - guess I needed to vent a bit too..   Ds1 (5) has been telling me for months that he wants a red tractor with a  wagon and a canopy exactly like the one they use for wagon rides at his farm school.  we talked about how Santa might not be able to find an exact replica (because this is the kid that will notice every tiny detail that is different) and he's told me the elves can make anything.  So...
we are hosting Christmas brunch for my parents and my very mainstream brother and his family.  I want some things we can all eat but my mom has lots of allergies and I'm having trouble finding brunch recipes that suit everyone.  I'm used to cooking for her when she is here and normally we do waffles or pancakes using her flour and almond milk if we're cooking breakfast but I'm looking for some make ahead options that don't have to be prepared at the last minute.  I love...