or Connect

Posts by atnightingale

Thanks for the support. Never mind. AF showed and it's almost a relief. This was the strangest cycle I can remember. Guess I'll start charting.
Sorry for TMI. Just wanted to pick your brains. I am very confused. We are loosely TTC our second (I have not been charting). I have been having approx 26 days cycles since going off BCPs 4 months ago. So this month LMP was 6/22. I had 1 day of cramping exactly 3 weeks later 7/13. I stupidly took Ibuprofen.. forgetting about implantation. Then nothing for 2 days. Then three days of the lightest possible spotting with no cramping. Now on my 3rd day of cramps with...
I desperately need to make my DH read this threat. My DD will be 4 in a month and a half and boy. Yes she can be sweet, loving, charming and hillarious. But also, as others have mentioned a horror show. I am particularly perplexed by the fits about apparently noting. I.e. discussing days getting longer and shorter, then "And today is the solstice." "Noooooooooooooo. I don't waaaaaaant it to be the solstice!" Fit. cut hastily to black. Hunh? What on earth am I...
I understand what you mean about being comfortable in the hospital because I am also a nurse, though med-surg and more recently Home health rather than ICU. I had a homebirth with my daughter. (I am lurking on this board until I get better confirmation of my current status). There were several reasons I chose to homebirth and I shared a birth class with an ICU nurse with similar thoughts. First, when you look into the evidence for current obstetrical practices, the...
I know it's scary, but I wouldn't worry. I remember heading into urgent care during my first pregnancy at about 5 weeks with similar sharp pains. It was very painful and I was scared. I was told it was round ligament pain as things begin to loosen, stretch and move. It improved after a few days, but every so often I would still get sharp catching pain in the area. It still hurt but the pain was a lot easier to deal with after I knew what it was. Good luck.
So we just moved up to the seattle eastside from PDX. I am looking for a local place to buy cloth diapers. I know I can get them online, but it's really nice to see them in person because DD is a little funny shaped (long and narrow) and fit has been an issue. Also in PDX I knew the location of 4 different stores, and going there helped me learn everything else I needed to about the like minded mamas in the area. But everything I find here seems to be online. Any...
I am so happy to find all of you! Name: atnightingale Age: 30 Children and birthdays: DD 9/06 Academic Area: Gerontological Nursing Stage of Degree: Passed comps working on Qualifying exam Goal for 2008: Pass qualifying exam, move proposal forward. Stay sane. Geographical Location: Seattle eastside I have started to feel like I am crazy, and I just moved away from my PhD and Mama support system (all are in Portland). DH is persuing a (thankfully well paid) post-doc and...