or Connect

Posts by atnightingale

Someone asks you what you would like to eat, and then looks puzzled as you pause for over a minute, completely perplexed.
I am nearly 10 weeks with my second and just starting to get the first stirrings of hip (and later pelvic pain) that I had with my first. I used a herd of pillows for my first but this time I am considring buying a "pregnancy pillow" by which I mean one of those odd U or ? shaped things I see online. However I am also fairly tall (5'9.5") and am wondering about the specific experiences any of you have had with such pillows. If you have specific reccomendations, I...
Well, if by showing you mean when others notice, not for quite a while. By 18 weeks I was a little thicker but friends still had to wonder and it was my behavior more than my body that tipped them off. I kept rubbing my belly and 1 friend commented that those who were "fat" like her rather than pregnant would never do anything to call attention to their belly like that (not that it was concious). I felt large to me and needed to modify some pants by about 10 weeks but I...
By any chance does it get worse when standing on one foot, climbing stairs, or possibly rolling over in bed, or geting in and out of the car? If not, good luck and I don't know, but if so you may be having pubic symphysis pain and I strongly suggest you go to a chiropractor who knows pregnant bodies.
Lately I am thinking Zoe Clare for a girl. Clare is a family name. Mostly I am looking for short names. We saddled poor DD with Kathleen (8 letters) and a 4 sylable 11 letter last name (starts with T). I'm thinking shortwould be good as I watch her practicing writing her first name and the letters wrap around the corners of the page.
For some reason, I just can't stand chicken right now, which is hard as is normally a staple of our diet. The other night, DH handed me a plate of chicken. i brought it close enough to take a bite and despite not noticing an odor I was hit with a wave of nausea. I want beef though. My dad took DD and I out to dinner tonight at a restaurant we love (indian chinese) He noticed I hadn't ordered much protein and was tryng to offer to order a meat dish. He's largely...
I am getting this too but sometimes it is triggered by dreams. Last night I had a dream that I was in labor and my "low intervention" midwives would NOT leave me alone AT ALL. Sigh. And I get it about the stupid songs stuck in your head as you lie there. I would cry.
Welcome to Ilovenora and to Kreeblim. I am glad to "meet" you. Good luck balancing all of your individual needs with this whole pregnancy thing. Kreeblim, I don't pretend to immagine how huge and disabling the circadian issues you describe could be. I have an inkling of the social effects and pressure though because I have at times been a shift worker. I have worked nearly every shift around the clock and I am lucky enough to be able to bend my sleep to do it. ...
This is not advice per se, just some info that may or may not be applicable as you problem solve this. Your LO may or may not take to the slower nipple if you have overactive letdown as well as oversupply like I did. My DD would not comfort suck on anything and found the young baby low flow nipples frustrating and useless. She was used to being flooded with milk. (There was also some issue with reflux that led to freq nursing.) So you may also consider More frequent...
Please talk to an OB or MW for reassurance, but here is my understanding. It seems very doubtful that your baby could have implanted before you finished your meds, esp given the timing of your cramping and the BFP. Baby does not even begin to connect to your blood supply until after implantation, and then has to build up the placenta. So it seems like there is a very good chance the meds never touched the baby. But I so understand the worry. Good luck.