or Connect

Posts by farmer

Try posting your baby's height/weight/clothing size, plus your vehicle stats on the family safety forum.  There are a lot of car seat people there and you may get more responses!  Also, see related thread in this forum!  A few of us posted our favorites--Radian, NextFit, also the Graco Size4me/MySize are all recommended as the longest-lasting rear-facing options.  Ideally you want to rear-face until at least 2 years, but 4 years is preferable.     I have a NextFit for my...
{{{HUGS}}}  Good for you for seeking out help.  My baby is just a little younger than yours (he just turned one), and I have four much older children from my first marriage.  I suspect that I had undiagnosed PPD when my third DD was born, and it was really hard for a few years.  I wish I had sought help at the time.  :(   I think that, as previous posters have said, that first you have to move on from where you are right now, before you will be in the right frame of mind...
OK, so it looks like your daughter isn't huge....my DS just turned a year old this month and is 30 inches and 23#.  We have the Chicco NextFit in a Honda Accord, although it also fits well in our Ford E350 van, a SMALL Infiniti sedan, my daughter's Subaru Impreza, and my ancient Outback.   I would really recommend trying different seats before you buy.  I was considering the Radian, and ended up going with the NextFit, and I'm glad I did.  My sister-in-law has the...
All carseats, when properly installed, are equally safe.  Finding the right seat to fit your child and vehicle is the tricky part!  How big is your baby?  What vehicle will you be installing in?  Will you need to move it from vehicle to vehicle frequently?   There are actually several seats that have higher height limits than the Radian....the Chicco NextFit and the Graco seats (Headwise/Size4Me/MySize).  The Radian has a heavier weight limit, but most children will...
My fifth child just turned a year old.  Just like his older siblings, he still wakes multiple times a night.  I figure that since he's so busy during the day, he NEEDS to tank up on milk during the night.  He sleeps in bed with us, and I truly have no idea how often he nurses.  I'm assuming anywhere between 2-10 times a night?  I just latch him on and fall back asleep.  I refuse to look at the clock, because somehow that makes it worse!  :)  Maybe try bringing them to bed...
I'd nurse him MORE often.  That's the time-tested way to up your supply.  My DS is almost a year old, and he nurses a lot more often than that!  He comes to work with me, so sometimes he'll go a couple of hours without nursing, but he makes up for it later on in the day and at night!   Good luck!  :)
My big kids and I do P90X with their little brother underfoot.  He doesn't seem to pay any attention to the screen, preferring to play with the weights, push-up stands, etc.  We also give him snacks to distract him while we're exercising.  Other than that, we watch no tv.  The older kids occasionally play Xbox, and the toddler wanders in and out, but doesn't seem interested in watching at all.   Hope that helps!
Just wanted to say that I've gone through the same thing with both my boys.  My little guy is almost a year old, and for about 2-3 months was almost NEVER using the potty.  So frustrating.  Then, about 4-5 weeks ago (when he really mastered walking), suddenly he's only having a few wet pants a day!  And he's not telling me when he has to go (neither boy did), I just offer every so often.  I think the crawling/beginning walking stage is the hardest!  They are so busy...
First baby, 8 months.  The last four, 6-6.5 months.  Second DD did a weird commando crawl first, but the rest crawled in the regular fashion, lol.
Also, just wanted to point out that a lot of babies get distracted at this age, moving around, solids, etc.  If you don't want your little one to wean just yet, I'd encourage more night/nap feedings, and offer more in general.  My kids all nursed until right around their fourth birthday, and I truly believe that it helped SO much with immunities!  I, personally, would be uncomfortable with such a small child weaning that early.     Good luck!  :)