or Connect

Posts by Burnindinner

So just wanted to post an update. We waited him out, took a couple of months. He never really came around to asking for a bath on his own, but he would sometimes want to get in the tub during his brother's bath. Eventually we got to where we could slowly talk him through it (see, you are in the water, and you are ok. How are you now? And on and on). The problem is entirely about getting water in his eyes. Now we have a dry washcloth he holds over his eyes when we wash his...
At 10 months, DS2 gets up around 6:30 am, plays happily until about 10:30 am, naps for an hour.  Plays til 2 pm, naps about 2 hours.  Goes to bed for the night around 7:45 pm.  So 2, 3, 4 didn't really work for him either, and he's really committed to those times.  If one of the naps is "off", the other is still at regular time!  It's like he can read a clock.   DS1 would NOT NAP consistently.  At 10 months sometimes his only nap was 20 minutes in the car.  I would...
Those are really great ideas.  I think since he also hates hats, he might prefer the super goggle idea.  I'll try explaining it to him and see if he'll try.  Right now he's completely refusing to get into water, but we'll see...
It seems to be very specific to getting water in the eyes.  It's not a fear of water or the tub - he helps me bathe his brother.  He does HATE showers too, that would be worse.  Right now I'm just washing him down with a washcloth - he still yells not to get it in his eyes.  Which I manage to avoid... Ha ha...   I haven't offered a bath at a different time of day, I am wondering if maybe late morning would be a good, peaceful time of day to try bathing where he would...
Well, no luck so far.  He will not agree to anything yet - no new bath toys, not taking a bath with me, etc.  It's just been a week, I'm willing to give it a few more days.  No smell yet...
mama2soren, i think these are my thoughts on it too.  it seems right now like it will cause more problems.  he doesn't have curly hair and it hasn't been a long time yet.  maybe i will just give him a bit and see?   glad to see this is a common issue though!  i was kind of starting to get concerned the fears were excessive.  i know it's developmentally appropriate, but didn't know how far was too far.
I did a forum search but the threads are all pretty old.  I'm also looking for suggestions for what to do when my toddler has real fears that I can't just completely work around.  I don't want to FORCE him into it.   My 2 yo has started being afraid of bathtime.  It is because he hates having water poured over his head (and thus into his eyes).  Tonight it was a complete freak out, wouldn't agree to get in even if we didn't wash hair.  As far as I can tell, he...
I can join the tribe! I'll come back tomorrow to post more, just wanted to say - yah, I hear ya! Mine are 5 months and 3 weeks away from 2 yo. For me, it got soooo much better around 10 weeks or so. DS2 was sleeping a lot more consistently, and DS1's maturing WEEKLY. 16 months is a hard age to be and figure out the world. She'll grow so rapidly that 3 months from now you'll be shocked at this little PERSON! And I agree, I'm trying so hard not to wish away this...
Around that age, our day looked like this (and I found a routine to be crucial for ME, if not DS): wake up around 7 am play with Dad/eat 8:30 am I get up, we putter around and do house work by 10:30 am go out to play outside either in yard or park 12 pm lunch 1 pm nap 3 pm up 6:30 pm dinner/bath/bed around 8 pm times are just approximate; this is about what our day looked like. I had a baby when DS1 was 19 months, so that sort of blew up our...
DS1 did the middle bottom ones pretty much together. Those seemed better once they broke through. But some teeth keep hurting as they come through, like eyeteeth and molars. DS1 was not a calm teether though!