or Connect

Posts by doulawoman

Sorren Thomas sounds very nice, and micah rainer too, thank you. Rainer as in the poet "Rainer Maria Rilke" (a man lol) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainer_Maria_Rilke I'm not as into the extra "e" sound in Rainier
So I am 34 weeks pg, and wouldlove feedback. Our daughter is named after a gemstone, but not "ruby" or anything very common, not too out there either. Middle name grace.   We are having a boy and the names we definitely agree on are:   Top names: Micah Sorren Mico Saren Emrys Thomas (more as middle) Luca Aiden (more as...
Boy: Sol or Devo Girl: Sora or Samus are my favs but I like to pair a more unique name with a slightly tamer one too...
thank you for all the info. I will have to start reading. I can't really chase her though, game or seriously or what have you, I am getting huge and it is really hard for me to chase her, i end up hurting myself. I refuse to chase her. I don;t even get that mad/react, I just get bored of sitting there waiting for 20 mins. This has been going on for a while so my exasperation came out in the psot, but with her I don't really do much.
My 21 month old has entered a phase of sorts where she runs away gleefully....usually this centres around getting dressed to go outside, getting undressed for baths, diaper changes, or when we want/need her to come/go anywherre for any reason. She is not angry or distressed when she runs away, it is a game to her. It is a bit puzzling since lately I will let her stay in a dirty diaper she clearly *Wants* changed because I refuse to chase her, right now I am in my hat and...
Hello, I'm looking for a private birth attendant in Nova Scotia, Canada...we'll be moving back at 36 weeks pregnant (due jan13th 2012) I have no option of homebirth with the midwives in bridgewater...the second one is on vacation and they dont do home vbacs unless the mom ahs had a vaginal birth already. I will be in the valley. i know the political state of midwifery there, yes, but we need to move back for support from my family, we were traveling for care here in...
reviving this thread...I am moving back to my home province at 36 weeks pregnant and looking for a home vbac...I only have a hospital option and travelling 1.5 hours on sketchy roads in january to the south shore midwife (other on holiday) I would be more than willing to pay for a private birth attendant...anyone who knows anything please PM me!
I've been on this forum before about dd's reflux etc. when she was a baby. It was very helpful. We did an elimination diet for 6 months and there was no obviou improvement (sugar, wheat, gluten, dairy, soy and corn including hidden in supps etc.) I still think she is allergic to something. Nothing else is explaining why she cannot shut down at night desite being a normal" kid and the crazy battles we have. I've tried everything.   So, I know I read about certain...
I'm pg and dd is 21 months...we're starting with nightweaning and having daddy respond to her...
I'm really on the fence about weaning. I definitely want to nurse less...but it is still super important to us...a few times I've been able to nearly eliminate the teeth marks...helping dd "yawn lik e alion" before she latches on etc. Now she is only digging in with ehr top teeth. Any ideas howi might try to correct this? I'd be ok with nursing a few tiems a day if it didn;t feel awful. We changed sleepign arrangements so she is in her own bed next to ours and closest to...