or Connect

Posts by doulawoman

Our daughter had reflux and would only sleep on one of us as we bounced on a yoga ball for hours or  walked. Babywearing saved our sanity, we could even go to parties as logn as we kept moving and she was in a carrier, she's sleep. Then she hated strollers too so we wore her on our front, then our back as she got bigger. she enjoyed taking in all the action and i couldn't have carreid ehr in my arms that much!
Hello linda,   I've posted in the breastfeeding infancy and beyond forum and searched the internet and many popular sites including LLL and not having much luck, I'm hoping you can help or offer advice. My daughter is 20 months old and always ahs been a more avid nurser than most of my friends' children. she also has major difficulties sleeping and has had reflux which flares up now and then. we are getting tests done for these issues. she hasn't always nursed to...
could really use support here...and seems there is another mama with similar age of babe and similar issues...dd is freaking and not sleeping (worse than usual) and asking for "milks" a lot. We got her a pacifier again...have been trying that since about 6 weeks, at least she is enjoying chewing on it. I finally tried nursing her once before nap (which didn't happen) and she chewed me and it was awful...i reallly don't think she remembers how tonurse, but nursing is...
good luck. it seems there's no hard a fast way, eh? my dd is also HN for SUREand nursing is sometimes all that works...she is 20 months and I feel terrible trying to wean her now while 7 months pregnant,but honestly your post is helping me see where it may lead, your experience is helping me evaluate things differently,let's say.I don't have good advice, just hugs, it's different when they are intense, i know.
i've been perusing past posts on this forum about weaning tots and pregnancy...and you know,I wonder if dd has forgotten how to nurse? Because today she said "no cewing, ih huwts!"(no chewing, it hurts, while pointing at my breasts) very solemnly...i think she doesn't want to hurt me, but she;s teething and without the feedback of the milk for a while now she doesnt seem to know the difference between nursing and what she is doing.i feel like i have to wean but she asks...
i have no answers...my post is on nearly the same subject. dd is 20 mo and will be 23 mo when baby is born. because she is a horrid sleeper and we moved during this pregnancy i didn't wean...now no milk and she is just chewing...i think dr. jay gordon has great sggestions on gentle weaning....check him out. It didn;t work for us, dd has some toher sleep.reflux/sensory issues going on so...good luck!
I know what you mean...I didn't want things to end this way but I am thinking they have/are...i "nursed" her in the rocking chair to get to sleep for her nap and it felt...kind of like a type of sexual harrassment..i know that soudns awful but i feel it. Yet, because she has *such* issues sleeping i keep putting up with it, gritting my teeth. I'm kind of disgusted now. it's never pleasant. I have no idea how to wean ehr though.
Are we done nursing? I am 30 weeks pregnant and I think dd does sometimes get milk/colostrum, the other night one breast even leaked a little colostrum onto my nightshirt...but it might be all of a teaspoon in 24 hours. She still insists on nursing esp for sleep time, starts off ok, then slips down a bit and starts gently CHEWING on me. Because I'm pregnant and she is teething (eye teeth) I find nursing uncomfortable anyway so I often can;t catch it right away...until it...
Well, the doula thing...I had a very bad experience with one of my first births, in a very conservative hospital...we just mvoed from that area and I felt helpless to really help women. Then I had a bad experience with the midwives and two other DONA doulas -who trained me- and I had a newborn. I wasn't feeling like I believed in some of the mandates behind DONA. Doulas don't make much money generally, and the politics are heavy and you ahve the on-call aspect which I'd...
Hello Everyone,   I need some career and major life transition feedback from ppl outside my immediate circle. So, I'm 30 weeks pregnant with baby #2, and dd1 is 20 months old. We just moved across the country for a new start and a new job for dh, but we are pretty much broke from the move and not even sure he will have work till the baby is born. Anyway, that is not entirely why I'm writing, just a background.   I have read the book "the reanaissance soul" and...