or Connect

Posts by doulawoman

only read the first post by OP, but wanted to quickly chime in the book "renaissance soul" might be just perfect for you! i love it and it has helped me. here is her website. http://www.togetunstuck.com/
Any one else dealt with this? We have a far away relative (new wife of dh's dad, has met us once) who continues to email us alternatly, mostly about dead babies and homebirth/vbac and how we shouldn't do it. We told ehr very very firmly not to bring it up, it's not her business etc.Here in Canada most mw's are fine with doign a home vbac, and we've been through a bunch in our pregnancy because we've moved. I've also done a great deal of research...this woman used to be...
so my question would be after doing more research, does anyone know if I did have "gestational diabetes" would there nto be protein or sugar in my urine? Even after eating that pastry...nothing. also, they were concerned about too much fluid...anyone know much about that? It just seems like the stats say u/s for this are highly inaccurate and also do not increase good outcomes for mom and baby but do increase interventions...
I'm 28 weeks with my second baby, was measuring 22ish cm's at 24 weeks and had just had an u/s sayign baby looked good, dates good. Now I'm measuring 32 cm's...could this just eb a growth spurt? I don't remember such a marked spurt with dd, but this is also a boy. I haven;t paid the best attention to diet thismonth but I still eat better than the average woman (no pop, only a little juice, little refined foods) have been eatign a lot of dairy though and fruit....even...
hugs, I'm 28 weeks preggo with only one 20 mo dd and just moved to a new community where i know no one...will be interested in ideas too.  
Hello all,   I've begun my foundation year for the Waldorf Early childhood training and have come across some other similar ideas and i'm having trouble understanding the differences...what are the main differences between Waldorf early childhood philosophies, RIE, and Lifeways? Some waldorf teachers use RIE, am I right? and Lifeways apparently incorporates some of both.   I have looked at websites and find both the lifeways and RIE a bit vague, they all sound...
i am also interested in this...i'm in ontario canada, the only training here is in vancouver, and the next closest would be maine and getting to either of these places once per month is not doable with flight prices.
Hi! I was caught off guard, thought you had another name before?   didn't check the vbac hynobabies yet but I will, but I did order  "sacred birthing" on amazon, as well as a children's book on homebirth...I think whether dd1 can be there will depend on my level of calm.... thanks for responding, this forum seems a bit quiet these days!   I see myself here more than I do the hour away...going to also look into that mw that might *stop by*
I had a blessingway but no shower with my first, and now we've jst moved with next to nothing and I'm havign a boy and we really need help...wonderign what you all would do in my posiiotn. I'd really like a sunshine kids carseat like dd has but they ar $$ a carseat showeR? lol that sounds kinda tacky...
thank you so much for this! We do some of these things alreayd, like white noise (well a fan which works well). I was considering melatonin but didn't know if she was too little or how much I should give. I will have to look into the weighted blanket, and the room is very dark. We just started a bottle of warmed almond milk last night...I think my milk supply being virtually gone at 6.5 months pregnant has been setting her off, she *loved* the bottle and it kept her mroe...