or Connect

Posts by Stackmama

Can we get some sort of running list of fun things to do with little ones? My daughters are 5 and 2 (we live in Northfield) and I'd like to figure out some good activities to do with them in the fall/winter months. Any suggestions?
Thanks everyone for making a hard decision very easy. : My kids are my joy and they make life worth living. I just wanted to do the best thing for them but I see now that staying in my local area is the best thing. The arts magnet school I've enrolled my daughter in is going to be perfect for her. I realize that they will be happy as long as I'm happy, that keeping my distance is best, and that his whole situation is going to blow up in his face any day and I don't want...
The only thing I will say is that when they are at their dad's they do get to run and play more outside because he doesn't work,she works part time, so they have time to do things with them. I work at home full time and go to school so I don't have time to really do a lot with them (although I really try.) But I guess I feel guilty about that and the fact that there is no yard for them to play on where we live now. Hopefully I get into a better apartment complex with a...
Thank you everyone for the advice so far. You make a great point -- they get the best of both worlds this way. They are in awe by the buildings, big trucks, and hustle and bustle of the city (we live in Minneapolis suburbs) but they get to go out and run and play in the country and learn things there. They will be acclimated to both environments. I totally believe travel is education and they are learning. I would be leaving my grandmother and my best friend behind in...
he's hardly stable. He's unemployed and hasn't paid a penny on his child support, which he back owes from January of this year. They only started taking the kids when he got slapped with the support. Now all of a sudden he wants to be father of the year. His gf works part time and goes to school and he stays home with all the kids (her 3, my 2 sometimes) all under the age of 6. He has 4 kids by 3 different women in 2 states and doesn't support any of them. He's...
My ex-husband, his new fiance and her 3 kids live about an hour away from the city in what I like to call ' the cornfields.' There are no city busses, it's in another area code, and only one high school in the city. That said, there are farms, lakes, and it's a closeknit college town. I've grown up in big cities my whole life -- Phoenix, Philadelphia, Minneapolis (which is home.) I've NEVER lived out in the boonies and don't know if I'd be happy there. That said,...
My daughters are 5 and 2 and are extremely artistic little ones. They love to draw, paint, color, etc. The problem is, my walls and carpet hold most of the artwork. : I live in an apartment where the dining room, where the table is that would be best for art, is on carpet. In fact, even my bathroom sink area is carpeted! I've tried Color Wonder markers, etc. before and they lose interest in those really fast, not to mention the cost of them and the fact that once...
Please know that your symptoms are very common in postpartum depression. I'm not an expert by any means but I know by chance that they are. I battled PPD with both of my daughters and postpartum psychosis with my second. Fits of rage are so common, even today, to an overwhelmed parent with PPD. I would definitely call as soon as you can and talk to a physician, therapist, psychiatrist, anyone who may be able to help you. There is a website that saved my life (literally)...
Oh mama, you have way too much on your plate and that's why you are becoming overwhelmed. You need to have a good discussion with your dh about helping with some of the responsibilities and pronto. He's ablebodied and has two hands, I'm assuming, so why is he not making things easier? You have every right to feel the way you are feeling right now-- I think any mother would. Don't hesitate to talk to a therapist or doctor about your feelings because believe it or not,...
My 2-year-old wakes up a lot at night, asking for a baba, wanting to come into my bed, etc. Friends of the family have suggested that it's not normal and I should have her checked for why she is doing this. I think it's pretty normal. Any opinions on what could be waking her up? I'm wondering if she's not getting a good night's sleep because of the waking.