or Connect

Posts by Queen of Cups

Whenever we're at the doctor's office we talk about how only parents and our family doctor are allowed to touch your private body, we started this at probably their one year well child visit.  We also have taught our kids the correct names for genitalia since they were babies (though they keep calling breasts "milks!").  When my kids are wrestling around, they don't hesitate to stop and say to the other, "Don't do that, don't touch my private body!" if a hand slips.
My dad is in the horse business so the smell of a horse barn smells wonderful to me, reminding me of trail rides when I was a kid.   I wore the same perfume from the time I was 12 till I was about 30.  Putting it on reminds me of happy memories from high school, college, and the first few years of married life.  It was discontinued while I was in college, but I bought up as much as I could on eBay.  Its Naturistics Botanical, btw. Still get compliments on when I wear...
I have a picture of my kids (aged 2 and 4) walking naked on the raised stone flowerbed in front of our house, framed and hung in our playroom.  It always gets compliments! My son is six and half now, though, and starting to get embarrassed by it - I might take it down for a few years until he's not bothered by it anymore.
I didn't read all the replies, but the church I went to when my kids were little had a "cry room" that was at the back of the sanctuary.  Parents could take kids there and there were large glass windows looking into the sanctuary and the sound was piped in, so you could still hear and see the service while being with your child and not disturbing anyone - it was a brilliant system! Maybe there's a church like that near ya'll?
I'm 5'4" and weigh around 162 right now, I'm a size 8-10.  I work out almost every day, for anywhere from 30-90 minutes, making sure I'm keeping my heart rate up somewhere between 70-85% of my MHR.  I'm eating around 1800 calories a day.  I was doing less, but decided to relax over the holidays and find 1800/day more doable long-term than 1350. I go by calories in/calories out - that's why I'm tracking calories religiously now.  I know people always say sometimes you...
Yep, I have an app for my phone and I'm tracking _everything_. (Calorie Counter in the Android Market)  I am feeling a bit better this morning. Yesterday was a tough day all around.
I'll check for that book next time I'm at the library, thanks.   The thing is - I am healthy.  I work out - hard - every day.  I can bike 30+ miles in an afternoon and hop out of bed the next morning feeling great.  I do heavy weight lifting, running/jogging (training for a 5K in March, maybe a 10K in May), interval training, workout videos (30 day Shred, Bollywood Dance, Boot Camp Crunch), getting back into Pilates, go on long hikes, do the elliptical keeping my...
Ugh.  Feeling so down.  Feel like I'm constantly depriving myself and not making any real progress.  5 lbs down, 5 lbs up, seemingly at random. I look in the mirror and can't even recognize myself.  I'm so much heavier than I used to be, plus I cut my hair super-short this year, and now I just don't see "me" at all.  I work out every day, I feel like I eat pretty healthy -- I'm bitter that I'm overweight.  Of course, I'm also crazy hormonal right now... hopefully after...
Yep, after several years of pushing my DH to make plans with his family, remember birthdays, etc I've stopped.  I have a pretty good relationship with my in-laws, but they make it clear that its DH and the kids they are interested in (not me) so I'm done going out of my way to make plans with his family.  Thus we see my parents a lot more often and have set plans with them more often.  I'm happy to go do stuff with his family as often as he plans it, but if he can't...
Working on posture is a great idea!  I used to have perfect posture (marching band and baton-twirling), but since having kids I realize I don't walk around with my abs tight and shoulders back 100% of the time anymore.  It makes such a huge difference in how your clothes fit!   My main goal is just to track the calories I eat every day.  I'm not putting a limit on them, I think just tracking will make a difference and make me think about what I'm eating, deciding if...