or Connect

Posts by Rogelito's Mommy

Quote: Originally Posted by canadian Jess Hey, It's so frustrating sometimes isn't it? I just posted a long one a few days ago looking for help but I guess nobody knew how to help as I got no replies. I was wanting to look towards night weaning as my 19 month old DS wakes between 8 to 10 times a night for "buck". ( they have such funny words for it don't they?? ) My plan is the following: Nurse to sleep, when DS wakes nurse, but only for like...
I will try to make this breif... DS will be 2 in December, and I would like to wean him shortly after that. (To be honest I have been over it for a while and would like to wean him sooner, but we are taking a trip out of the country next month and I feel like he needs the comfort and security of nursing while we are in unfamiliar places.) I am to the point that pretty much 100% of the time I HATE nursing. I loved it until around 18 months, and then little by little I...
My 18 month old is the same way. He nurses every 1-2 hours 24 hours a day. He takes about 30-45 minutes to nurse down at night and then I can get up and leave him for maybe an hour before I have to get into bed and stay with him. The longest he has ever slept at night is about 4 hours...maybe once or twice in his life. For naps he is either in the carrier or laying down with me latched on the whole time or he wont nap at all. No amount of distracting him with fun...
I live in Hawaii where no one, baby, kid, or adult really wears shoes that often. Not at all indoors, and outside it is just "slippahs" (aka flip flops). Kids run, jump, play, climb, etc in bare feet or flip flops and do just fine. I personally am origionally from California and have a hard time letting ds go completely barefoot, so as a compromise between local culture and my need to have him in shoes he has crocs, which is all he wears all the time. At the beach,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dar Does he have any sort of way of soothing himself besides nursing? Thumbsucking, pacifer, hair twisting (my daughter's thing)? If so, you can redirect him to that if he wants to nurse at night, and pat his back... I'd wear a bra, too... Thanks for the suggestions. He really doesn't do anything to sooth himself other than nurse. We tried to get him to take a pacifier when he was a baby...one night he was just...
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I am just at a loss I don't know what else to do. Quote: Originally Posted by dubfam Does he nurse as frequently when you are away from home? Will he take a bottle? I am rarely away from him, mostly because dh works and we just don't have people here that he will go to. He really is only ok with me or dh and has never been left with anyone else. We tried bottles...about 20 different ones and in...
Here is my situation... 18 month old son nurses about once an hour during the day AND the night...sometimes more at night. The best night he has ever had, he nursed 4 times in 10 hours. The worst night was 18 TIMES in about 10 hours. On average he nurses 8-10 times in the 10 hours he sleeps at night. He has been slow to take solids. On a good eating day he'll take about 1/4-1/2 a cup of food total for the day. On a bad food day he wont eat any solids. We have...
My 17 mo and I have had a pretty smooth nursing relationship thus far. But recently he has started getting pretty fussy about nursing. I don't know if my milk has started taking longer to let down, if there is just less there, or if he has just gotten impatient about the whole thing, but he will suck for a few seconds and then start whinning and pointing at my breasts saying "ninis, ninis!" or "more, more!" Then I have to talk to him and really work to get him to calm...
My 16 mo ds is not big on eating solids (he prefers his ninis). Which is fine, but he is big on putting food in his mouth, chewing it, and spitting it out. He has done this ever since we started offering him food, around 9 months old. He is ata point now where he wants the food, takes it, puts it in his own mouth, but he wont swallow it. I didn't mind so much when it was a bite here or there, but now he wants more food, and he wont swallow any of it. It is such a...
Thanks so much! We will get some of that. I knew there had to be some way for us to baby proof the lanai!