or Connect

Posts by Rogelito's Mommy

We are moving into a new rental with a beautiful big lanai on the second story. I am wondering if anyone knows what the spacing between posts should be for it to be considered safe for my 16 month old? My dh and I are trying to decide if we can make it safe (with a baby gate to block stairs, etc) for us all to be out there. I seem to remember something about 3 or 4 inches but I can't remember. Thanks! Tamara
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. It was interesting to read how things happen for others (especially those without a table--as is our situation). I think we are going to keep encouraging the chair but not make a fight over it ifhe refuses and would rather graze.
Ds is 15 mo and not into food, and really not into sitting in the high chair. He much prefers to come take a bit, then go off and do his own thing, then come back later if he wants more. Is this horrible? Am I setting myself up for problems later? (My mom seems to think so). We don't have a table right now (we live in a studio) so dh and I eat on the floor most nights. We have a little table and chair for him and have tried to put all our food on his little table and...
I just wanted to give you some encouragement and say that I know how you feel. My mom and MIL have been asking and presuring me to wean since ds was about 6 months. Luckily I live an ocean away from them so I mostly just ignore it. However my parents are comming to visit next month, so it was nice to see all the great advice you got here. Let us know how it goes.
It is so nice to hear from others in the same boat. It seems everyone I know here has a kid who is eating and loving it. On top of it our ped, parents, and inlaws were all trying to convince me that ds MUST eat solids at this age or he is not healthy. They pushed so hard that I actually started doing some gradual weaning (trying to get him to go longer stretches during the day and having dh put him to sleep at night rather than him nursing down) for about two weeks to...
Thanks to everyone for the reassurance. I'm feeling a lot better about it and dh was glad to hear about other babies that were the same way...made him feel more comfortable with it too. Thanks!
Hi mamas, So my 15 mo ds eats almost no solids. I'd say about 95% of his nutrition comes from bm. He is just not into solid foods...we'd tried a lot of things. I've tried encouraging the solids before he nurses and he just would rather nurse. Neither he nor I is ready for any kind of weaning, so my only concern is weather nutritionally this is ok. My dh fears that he NEEDS to be eating solids and all I have is my gut to say that he is fine, which is not convincing...
Ds (14 months) nurses down around 8pm, sleeps without me or dh for about 1-2 hours, I usually nurse him again and get up. Then he sleeps another hour at the most and at that point I usually go to bed with him (we cosleep). He then wakes to nurse every 1-2 hours untill 6-7am-ish when he is up for the day. I handle this ok as long as he lets go of the breast between nursings, it is the 1 or 2 nights a week that we wakes and screams/cries everytime I try to unlatch him...
Ds was like this. This is what we came up with : We do brush teeth, take a bath pjs on, book in bed. Then we turn off all the lights, pt away toys, and say good night to everything in the room, then mommy and daddy and baby get in bed. At first he would get up over and over but we just would stay in bed and he eventually realized that there were no more fun things to do and no one was going to play, so to bed he went. It took about 2 weeks for him to stop getting...
Thanks to everyone for all of the ideas. Tonight my ds fell asleap with dh and no nursing for the first time. I still cannot believe it. We just decided to give it a try because dh had never really tried to put him down. I went into another room around bed time and sure enough he started to fuss and cry when dh took him to bed and laid down with him. After about 10 minutes of crying I was about ready to go in (that was all I could take) but then he started to...