or Connect

Posts by Rogelito's Mommy

I feel your pain...mine only naps 20-30 min if I put him down alone. Lately I have been nursing him to sleep, putting him down, then as sonn as I notice he is awake (hopefully before he cries) I go in and nurse him back to sleep and put him down again. Sometimes he will sleep on and off for a couple of hours, sometimes he wont in which case I usually end up strapping him to me in my moby wrap and he goes right to sleep for a couple hours and I can at least get a couple...
My friend used neem oil for her son and said it worked well. I have never tried it myself though.
I am in the same boat with my 3 month old. We have tried since he was 6 wks old, and I now own one of every type of bottle known to man and nothing. We try once a day three or four times a week, but if he gets too upset I usually can't take it and put him on th boob. The only bottle he will even attempt to suck on is the adiri natural nurser, but even with that one he doesn't swallow, just lets it dribble down his chin with a smile. Although a couple of my friends...
I had my first baby in December and it was a totally unmedicated, intervention-free birth in a birthing center with a midwife and doula. It lasted 25 hours from the time my water broke until he was born, and it was definately painful, but it was also truely the most incredible experience. I found strength within myself that I never dreamed I had and felt such a sense of acomplishment afterwards. I did it! And the best reward of all was seeing my perfect little boy come...
Thanks! I will definately give the block feeding a try.
I have never pumped, my doula let me know that that was a bad idea since I already was over producing. What is block feeding?
My favorite is the moby wrap. I used it with my baby from the first day he was home and still use it daily (he is now about 3 mo.). He loves it, he can be screaming and I put him in the moby and he is calmed within a couple minutes. I also nursed in it, which worked great.
My baby is now nearly 3 months old and so far breast feeding has been a wonderful experience for us except that I still become painfully engorged on a daily basis (usually in the mornings because he nurses less often at night), and a lot of times when he nurses he comes off the boob gagging and my milk is literally shooting accross the room. I still frequently milk through breast pads, bras and shirts after just a couple of hours of not nursing. Has anyone else had this...