or Connect

Posts by Rogelito's Mommy

Ds has always done this thing where he wants to be literally attached to my breast the entire time he is asleep (naps and night time). He only lets go if he falls into a deep, deep sleep. I have learned to do a lot with him on me throughout the day, and I usually just take him to bed with me at night, so it has been ok so far. But, he now has three teeth on the top and when he is just attached (not eating) but sucking for comfort those teeth hurt. I have tried to start...
Ds has always done this thing where he wants to be literally attached to my breast the entire time he is asleep (naps and night time). He only lets go if he falls into a deep, deep sleep. I have learned to do a lot with him on me throughout the day, and I usually just take him to bed with me at night, so it has been ok so far. But, he now has three teeth on the top and when he is just attached (not eating) but sucking for comfort those teeth hurt. I have tried to start...
about 3 hours. ds is almost 10 months old.
Quote: Originally Posted by RiverMamma : I might be able to handle it once every two weeks if he ever decided to try and charm me!: Lucky you... my DH thinks that wooing me means wining at me, either that or me rubbing his feet!: I know what you mean...My dh and I had a discussion about this a couple weeks ago. He was complaining that we never have sex anymore, so I told him he needed to help me get in the mood..."Wooo me" I told him. His...
I SOOOO know how you feel. I have a 10 mo that pretty much only wants me 24/7 and I also have my own business and work part time (both jobs I bring ds with me) so I am just busy and tired and NOT in the mood. Some times I feel horrible for dh, but I just can't get myself to do it. A couple of times I just grinned and beared it, not fun for me or dh really. I just keep hoping it will get better soon as ds nurses a little less and becomes a little more independent.
Thanks for the suggestions. I am definately going to talk it over with dh today and try something. I just think I would be a much happier mama if I could have a couple of nights a month to myself.
My ds just turned 9 months old today. He is pretty much ebf (we offer solids about once a day but he is still not really interested in eating them). He has never taken a bottle or paci. The ONLY way he goes to sleep at night is nursing laying down with me and it takes usually 45 min to an hour. For naps he'll go to sleep in the car or carrier or nursing. Once he falls asleep we cannot move him, put him down, etc, or he wakes up. At first I was really tired and didn't...
I just signed the Statement of Support for Breastfeeding Mothers, and I hope you will too. Why? Well, doctors agree that breastmilk is best for infants, but their own licensing board isn't following doctor's orders. Sophie Currier recently learned that when it comes to supporting breastfeeding, many of our leaders--whether they are in the medical establishment (as in Sophie's case), business sector, or elsewhere--still don't "walk the talk." You see, Sophie was denied...
My water broke 25 hours before my son was born and we were both completely healthy.
Thanks to everyone for the advice. Ds has continued the all night nurse-a-thons, but at this point I am pretty sure it is teething. Just this morning I could start tp see white bulges on his gums...all 4 front teeth at once it looks like...poor baby. At least I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully they will come through soon. I got some highlands teething tablets and those seem to help a bit for now. Thanks again!