or Connect

Posts by NoraC

For me, same time of day and similar progression (water broke, no contractions, went to the hospital for some monitoring and stayed overnight, then I was induced the following day). Later labour was quite different but both ended up in C/S for different reasons. In fact, it was even the same day of the week with the same doctors on call!  I did end up with one boy and one girl though...
Now another question....I pinched a piece off the end off the stem of the Diva Cup the last time I used it and was trying to remove it.  It's a small piece...maybe 2-3 mm off a side. Can I still use it or should I replace it? 
Do you throw away hair elastics if you have found lice/nits on your child's head? And what is the best way to clean combs/brushes? 
My daughter at 6.5 was still regularly wetting her bed at night. I read a book called "Stop Washing the Sheets" by Dr. Lane Robson and used some of the suggestions to help her and it did help tremendously. It's been a while since I read the book but a few of the main things were increasing bowel health  with more fiber even using stool softener, making it a point to sit on the toilet early in the day and not trying to be rushed about it as a start and also encouraging...
Thanks everyone for their comments. I have to say I quite liked using the cup...except for the little freak out about the disappearing stem. I didn't have any problems with leakage or comfort. I will definitely try again next cycle and not worry so much. I'm sure being relaxed helps too.    TracyGladRags - which cups have longer stems? perhaps I can ask DH to pick one up when he's in the US on a business trip. I'm in Canada and I believe that I can only get the Diva...
Tried my new Diva Cup twice (last night and today) and both times, some time after inserting (last night while I was sleeping or this afternoon after it was in for an hour or so), it has migrated up so that I can't reach it to remove easily. In fact, I could only touch the tip of the stem with my finger. This morning I freaked until I read that suggested a bowel movement could sometimes be helpful in using the muscles needed bringing the cup back down. This afternoon I...
A few months ago, I was talking to a teacher about a book his class (maybe grade 6 or 7?)  was studying. It was something along the lines of a society where the government had banned candy. I think the children find a recipe for fudge (or something similar) and they start to make it. I believe it was part of their unit on civics/government. Has anyone heard of this? Can you give me a title or author? Thanks!  
My daughter is a bit younger, but she is enjoying -Sisters Grimm (just ordered the 2nd and 3rd books) - Theodosia & the Serpents of Chaos (book 1...I think there are three or four) -the Familiars (have just ordered the second book for her from the library)   I myself have enjoyed recently -Ranger's Apprentice series -Wildwood Dancing & Cybele's secret (not a series, but a book and its sequel)   My nephew (a bit older) has enjoyed the Charlie Bone...
I'm looking to see if I can print a page of the Montessori lined paper for my daughter to use at home. I'm searching the internet for something I can download but haven't found anything quite fitting yet. They use the booklets at school with the extra line (shaded) for lower case letters. Hope you know what I mean! Does anyone have a link I could try? Thanks in advance!
I am sorry you are going through this. We have a 15 year old retriever who is also aging, having difficulty with stairs, walking, getting up, pooping in the house and so on. What's making it hard for us to decide whether to euthanize or to wait is that he still has a real sparkle in his eye. Good luck to you.