or Connect

Posts by kdj

Hello, I am getting ready to have baby #3 .. in 2 days actually. It will be a planned c-section due to a high risk complication that roared its ugly head last week. I have blood clots, we (baby and I) are very blessed to still be here due to all the complications that arose. The prospect of having more children ...at least right away is very unappealing to me and my hubby! As it stands now, we will NOT be able to use the pill, shot, patch etc.. (which truth be told we...
Hello, Just wondering if anyone has had this problem? I am 37 wks, just went for a u/s and was told that I have a posterior uterus, but that was all. I have had a prev. C-section, and was hoping for a HBAC. I also want to know if it interferes with the ability to have a HBAC. There is no info on the web about this so I am hoping to find people that have experienced this themselves, and can tell me what to expect. *for the record, It was told to me that my UTERUS,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Astoria My midwife recently mentioned the possibility of induction (I've had 2 sections), which really surprised me. I thought that was very dangerous. It confused me. Basically where we currently are is that she's been through a long hard labor we me and she's recommending that I go into labor naturally and then have an elective repeat c-section during labor. However, this past visit she mentioned that if I want to have a...
MMMM, I wish I could go without seeing him. However, I am at my 37 wk. mark. I JUST in the past couple of weeks was able to find a m/w that had experience enough with HBACs, that she is willing to take me on. Another reason I love m/ws. I haven't formally met with her yet. My doula is playing the middle man at the moment with getting us acquainted and set up. To answer the question previously asked, I to am in VA. Some consider it NOVA, but its more central... north of...
Ok, Well, first off I just want to say that the closer that I get to having the baby the better I feel about "attempting" a HBAC! The more I see my OB the more I get a little concerned that he really is not at all about doing what is best for the baby, if it means non medical intervention. I actually had the man tell me that he doesn't want me to carry over b/c there are so many other risks that we run into at that point, it is not worth it. He also offered to INDUCE...
Quote: Originally Posted by HMB Are you sure that they meant the uterus was posterior, or that the baby was? Try inverting yourself (gently)...if you have stairs in your house, put your legs up on the 2nd or 3rd step (depending on how tall you are) and keep your elbows on the ground. Your butt will be up in the air and make sure to tuck your chin. Stay in this position for about a minute. Do it everyday. This helps to "unfold" the uterus and get it...
Hello, Just wondering if anyone has had this problem? I am 37 wks, just went for a u/s and was told that I have a posterior uterus, but that was all. I have had a prev. C-section, and was hoping for a HBAC. I am now questioning if that is an OK idea. There is no info on the web about this so I am hoping to find people that have experienced this themselves, and can tell me what to expect. Thanks, K
Quote: Originally Posted by Greeneyes0506 I had 3 hospital births and one homebirth. I can say with certainty that I would never birth in a hospital again. I was scared of having a homebirth, even with all of the research I had done that said it was safe. Just that little voice in the back of my head. Everything turned out beautifully. I had a 6 hour, almost pain free delivery with a great midwife. My son came into the world gently, without people...
Hello! Thanks girls for the responses. I really appreciate it. Seems like there are very few places to get ever "virtual" support these days for any kind of a homebirth, much less a HBAC. I contacted the MW yesterday, and we spoke for a while, she answered all my questions. Which, is a nice change :-). DH and I talked a lot over the weekend, and decided that unless something bizarre shows up on the u/s that we are getting then we will be attempting an HBAC! I am so...
Hello! This is my first time posting on this forum, I am new to this site. I hope you ladies can give me some insight. I am thinking about having a HBAC, possibly by Watherbirth. This is my third preg. but never delivered at home. I have given birth vaginally to my first.. she was large, but there were no problems. Due to the size of my first, we induced for my second, but he (my OB) said he didn't think it would take. He was SUPPOSED to NOT break my wather, unless...