or Connect

Posts by sassitap

Is it absorbant/repellant like wool? Does cashmere have lanoline in it or could it be lanolized? Also, because it's so soft and stretchy are there certain soaker patterns which would work better. I have to admit I'm a little scared of sewing it on my sewing machine because it feels so likebutter. Sorry for somany questions.
I just got the softest most beautiful pale peach cashmere sweater from the thrift store and want to make someting for dd with it. Would it work as a soaker? has anyone tried it? Let me know what you think.
I so needed this thread today. I feel the same way. I am appalled at the way I have treated dd on occasion and can't explain the total rage I feel sometimes. Today was especially horrible and I even spanked her--hard-- I have never hit before, partly because I'm afraid it would be like breaching a dam, and I hate myself for loosing it today. Echo has been getting aggressive and bossy to her little sister lately and I cringe listening to my words and tone come out of...
I had a friend in highscool who was like this as a little one. But when his parents started him in st he completely stopped speaking. He had no problems communicating using gestures and intonations, but just stopped using the words he had been using at all. They pulled him out of therapy after a couple of months and one day when he was just over 3 years old he walked up to his mom and said "Mom, will you tie my shoe please" and never had another problem. He was also...
I had an almost identical experience at a playground when Saffron was about 4 months old. A boy whispered to another boy that "her baby is sucking her boob!" I looked directly at him and smiled and said "yes she is. She's drinking mama's milk. That's where breastmilk for babies comes from." He was a little embarrassed, but you could see it sort of click. Then another little boy in the group took charge and said "yes she's breastfeeding, that's how my sister drank...
I just think its so cool that I'm not the only "wierdo" here at mothering to do this/ think about doing it. Dh is a chef and loved the idea of me making yogurt. He was ready to try making icecream, gelatto, all kinds of things! I just laughed and said we should open our own creamery. One definate success though was milkcicles for teathing.
Thanks for the responses. At least I'm not alone, kwim? I've gotten somewhat motivated by turning it into cooking projects with my 2 y/o. So far we've made homemade tomato soup, cream of winter vegetabe soup, barley-kale-mushroom-carrot soup, and some breads. It's cool watching her get excited watching a roux change colors, and exploring cornstarch. And what magic when we added the baking soda to the tomatoes! And we're eating lots of raw foods(read no cooking) Yay...
I have a 2 1/2 year old who is pretty much potty trained and a 1 year old who is growing out of the same size dipes her sister was wearing just before potty training. So I'm going to have to buy some more dipes. I have little to no money to spend so I need suggestions. We have used cpf's with super whisper wraps (snappies) primarily. She is growing out of the med wrappers though. We also have 2 med happy heiny's which I love! but are definately getting too small. ...
Our whole family was sick with the flu over x-mas and for like 2 weeks what little we ate was the cookies and fudge that had been given to us or instant food like cereal, yogurt, crackers.... both girls still nurse so they were getting at least some good stuff from me, but now that we're not all dying any more, I'm still just not motivated to cook. But we've GOT to get off this sugar rut we're in. BTW I'm usually the one known as the health food wierdo--no processeed...
For cakes and cookies I mix it in with the wet ingredients, reducing the amount of oil and liquid--milk, water, juice. I don't change the buttermilk or yogurt ratio usually unless I adjust the baking powder/baking soda to make sure it puffs correctly. The goal is to have a batter that still looks the right consistency. Then just cook it like normal.