or Connect

Posts by Tithonia

I was just wondering... My DD will be 3 next month and still nurses quite a bit, but I lost my supply about 6 months ago, I think. I went on a huge diet (lost 8 lbs in a week...) right around the same time that she really downsized her nursing schedule to once or twice a day. It hasn't seemed to bother her, though (or me, really, although I'd rather still be giving her the good stuff!). But I was talking to my sister the other day and she'd never heard of it, so I was...
I'd like to put in a plug for Ina May Gaskin's book on childbirth too. It's wonderful! The best ever!! The Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way (by Susan McCutcheon-Rosegg) I also found really helpful in terms of good, clear information and pictures, although not all women find their techniques equally helpful. I have also been recommended (by a person who has had 3 natural births, one of which she describes as painless) Active Birth : The New Approach to Giving Birth...
Quote: Originally Posted by thebeljur Being surprised is GREAT! Really, it was the best treat to have after all that hard work of labor and birth. For me, there's something different about the bonding during pregnancy when I didn't find out. I don't know. It was a little more spiritual because I had to visualize just the heart, mind, and emotion of the baby instead of specific a specific boy or girl. It's hard to explain, I...
We chose not to do any ultrasounds the first time around, and plan to do the same this time unless there is some clear reason that the midwife gives us to do one. My reasons not to do ultrasounds are as follows: 1. I strongly feel that pregnancy is a special thing, shrouded in mystery and wonder. To me it feels like a violation of my baby to look at him/her while he/she is hidden and growing inside me. 2. Safety concerns, as others have mentioned. 3. Our midwives for...
I'll be 30, had my first at 27. Oh my! I never thought I would have two children before turning 31!!
It's weird, with DD I wanted lots of meat and all my food had to be hot and fresh. This time around, I only want cold stuff and fruit. And I seem to be settling into an "afternoon sickness" routine. Blah.
I'm going to go ahead and try a cup a day during the first trimester, and increase thereafter if I like it and all goes well. Sources I trust, like Aviva Jill Romm, say it is safe throughout pregnancy. Of course, if I seem to have problems I'll stop. If I had a history of miscarriage I would probably be more hesitant about it just because of anecdotal possible connections... although that always seems like a weird way to look at things, because of course the worry arises...
My DD will be 3 1/2 when the new one arrives, and she still loves to nurse, although I think I lost my supply last fall when I went on a serious diet and she wasn't nursing much for a bit. But she loves to snuggle and suckle anyway. I have noticed that I feel less tender after she nurses, so that's another reason I'm happy to continue for as long as she wants. I'm guessing that will mean we'll be tandem nursing, which is not something I ever expected to do (since I wasn't...
Okay, I guess it's really true, so I'd like to join too! * EDD: Officially Jan. 14, which from family and personal history probably means closer to Jan. 25. * Your Name: I'm happy with Tithonia for this venue. * Age: 30. (Oh my! I never thought I'd have two children before I turning 31!!!) * State or Country: Midwest. * How long it took to you to get your BFP: I still haven't figured out what BFP stands for, but from reading everyone's introductions at least I get...
I was just thinking about this today. Basically, it means that all women are 2 weeks pregnant until they get pregnant, right??