or Connect

Posts by Tithonia

Quote: Originally Posted by cloe If you can't afford viatmins you might think about investing in good birth control. A baby costs a lot more than a couple of bottles of vitamins. Whatever the variety. Okay, I admit it's a matter of priorities. Although I think we spent a total of approximately $2 on our first one in her first two years of life, thanks to hand-me-down clothes and cloth diapers, breastfeeding, and the Canadian health care...
Here's the deal: I've been reading up on everyone's prenatal vitamin recommendations. (I'm not pregnant, but just in case...) I have serious issues swallowing pills at any time, and when pregnant it's even harder. I also want to take a really "good" vitamin. So I love the look of the Buried Treasure liquid vitamins, with New Chapter coming in second, from what I've read of everyone's recommendations. But the problem is there is no way I can afford them if I take them...
I've been looking for a good option for prenatal vitamins (just in case...) that don't make me gag, throw up, and/or get a stomach ache. I love the sound of the Buried Treasure liquid vitamin, but I'm wondering, how long does this stuff last? Would I be buying a bottle every week?
... with people who aren't weirded out by a talking nursling! Anyway, I stood up for a friend's wedding last week, at which I wore the first none-nursing friendly outfit I've worn since my 2 year old DD was born (whoa!). This is something I've been worried about for months, ever since I chose the dress pattern. As I feared, right after the wedding, DD asked for "nak" (her version of "snack"). I explained that because of Mama's dress, we couldn't have nak right now, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by mrs joe bubby Hi, any skirt-wearing mamas here that are kind of tall?? I'm 5'9 and would love to wear long flowy "hippie" skirts almost all the time. But I want them to be really long on me, like hitting the tops of my shoes and I just can't seem to find any long enough. I did find a couple at Target that were only super-long because they could be worn as either a skirt or a dress. I find most "long" skirts actually hit around...
We have a futon on the floor. I've always liked sleeping low, and we didn't have the option of buying a bed in terms of money or space when we got pregnant (were sleeping on camping mats up until halfway through pregnancy), since we needed to put the bed away during the day (one room apartment). A futon mattress was our cheapest option, and worked well with co-sleeping. We started with her on a blanket next to us, then moved her into the bed at around 8 months. We have...
My 19-month-old is the same, especially when she's fighting sleep. Her own personal favorite position is balancing on one foot on my leg while waving the other behind her like a ballerina. I get tired of this very quickly, although sometimes I just have to laugh! One thing I've found that helps is leaning forward so she doesn't have as much lap space to wiggle around on, or letting her slip down so she's standing on the floor and has to reach up, like someone else...
My 14-month-old is having her tear duct opened next week. They tell me she can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight the day before. She normally nurses several times to A LOT at night and once or twice when we get up in the morning. How are we going to handle this? I've never denied her before, in fact hardly even ever made her wait. Any suggestions?
So, my LO turned one year old last week, and although she is not quite toddling yet, she's such a big girl already! She still nurses frequently (before and after morning and afternoon nap, bedtime and morning, a couple of times in the night and occasionally for comfort during the day). It feels totally right and normal to be nursing a one-year-old, and in fact, unimaginable not to. But it suddenly struck me this past week that we are now entering a phase of our nursing...
Thanks on my behalf, too! We've just worked with our Moby up until now, too, and we're thinking of a homemade non-stretchy wrap now that we're getting into back carries.