or Connect

Posts by tidepool

I don't know if this has come up yet, but something to consider is that it's actually difficult for children to digest vegetables because their digestive systems are not yet mature.  Vegetables are actually quite challenging to digest and this may be a reason that children so often don't like them.  We live in a culture that screams "eat your veggies" but do you know there isn't a single scientific study showing that there is any benefit?  And many traditional cultures...
  I get that babycakes.  It's hard to be a parent and there can be endless criticism of our choices.   All the best with your babe.    
Tear, I realize that what I said can come across as scary, and for many years I would never have said what I said out of fear of offending someone, frightening or worrying them. Moms have enough of that.  At the same time I want other people to be aware of the complications involved with these drugs.  I don't know when doctors started giving them to babies but the medical profession as a whole is on a radical campaign to give drugs to children.  Even wonderful doctors...
I don't mean to imply at all that you are following a doctor blindly.  I realize that we all want to do what's best for our babes.  I don't judge any mom for the hard decisions that need to be made regarding our babies well-being.  However, doctors talk about these drugs as though they are completely harmless which is simply false and conveys a great misunderstanding on their part about the importance of stomach acid.  In my opinion it's completely immoral on their part....
I would avoid the reflux drugs.  They are not good for anyone let alone a baby.  I actually can't believe the way doctors are now handing them out to babies.  My husband has an integrative medicine practice and he sees people all the time who are messed up by the gerd drugs.  Stomach acid is extremely important and anything that interferes with it's production is dangerous.  We need it to assimilate vitamins and minerals, to digest proteins and most importantly it is...
My baby is 3 weeks as well.  We have been nursing side lying since pretty early, since I was so sore sitting up.  I did it like this.  Got her latched on while sitting and then moved to lying on my back so that she was nursing on my belly.  For awhile even that was enough relief for me.  Then I rolled to my side keeping her attached and settling her onto her side.  Her head was on my arm.  When she loses the latch it's a bit frustrating for her because my nipple isn't in...