or Connect

Posts by IceyTheBatmom

I thought I posted this before, but I guess it didn't post, since it's not showing up in the forums or under things I've posted in my user stats, so here it goes again... I live with my parents, my DS is nearly 2, and I'm due Oct. 2nd, and I don't vax my kiddos. My dad is traveling to Panama City for his work for the last 3 weeks of October. His company is recommending he get H1N1, Malaria, and Hep's A and B. Dad had a bad reaction to a vax when he was in...
I snapped at my dad tonight. I'm sure he's pretty angry at me right now, and this is not going to be easy to fix, but I've had it. The backstory is very complex... To start, I was raised the way he was raised, the way his grandparents raised his parents, and I get the impression anyone who questions the growling, threatening, spanking-filled method is to be considered automatically wrong. I swore up and down when I was pregnant with my first, that my kids would not...
Up until a month ago, I had the same vehicle, and an Eddie Bauer 3-in-1. It also stuck through the middle, but we just left the front center seat down all the time anyway. I highly doubt you could get a decent seat in there RFing, without leaving the middle seat down. I'd suggest just leaving the middle seat down, it should be heavy enough, and low enough to keep from flying up in the event of an accident. I do like my Eddie Bauer, though, and I'll be getting a...
I've got a dilemma and I could really use some advice quickly. I just got out of a bad situation (non-violent domestic abuse, including financial) a month ago, haven't had health insurance (for more than 5 days) for over a year, wasn't doing WBV's, DS (22 months) was only sick once the whole time so don't have CHIP or children's medicaid, and it would take a while to get it (I do plan to, I have to get his birth certificate first). He caught a chest cold from me, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by A&A I get curious (perhaps nosy!) about people, so I read some of your previous posts. Your dh is young!!!! And guys mature at a slower rate than women, unfortunately. I think your dh/stbx (whichever) is immature. He expects things to be easy, and marriage and parenting are difficult. He wants everything--you and the kids, but also the freedom of being single. (And of course, he can't have both.) I suspect he has a lot...
Quote: Originally Posted by A&A Who is the he? Specifics like "husband Nick" would be helpful. My STBX, who says he wants to keep up a roommate arrangement to help with DS, and baby (Due in Oct.). But he also said he wanted to work things out then changed his mind and said he was done. He's been out of the house alot, I don't know if he still wants to live here or if he just wants as far away from me as possible.
What does he want from me? Any other advice would be good, too.
Got a dilemma. Sort of. For starters, I was anti-cosleeping at the start, gave up when DS was about 1 1/2 months, and that's when all 3 of us really started to sleep well. We were in a full size bed (still are) so when he started taking over my side, we side-carred the crib. He also had a second crib mattress on the floor in his room (since before side-carring, he was starting to climb) since 6 months, and would use it for naps because he could get up and play in his...
Just how much trouble is my marriage in? Is he really as willing to work on it as he says he is?
DS has been latching shallower for a while, and combined with pregnancy super-tenderness, it's omg-owwwww. So I've been getting him to open his mouth wider by sticking my nipple to his nose before giving him a chance to latch. The last couple of months, he's really gotten interested in smells. His toes, his diaper, his food, the dog, DH's armpit, normal stuff for 20 months. So today he's not opening wide enough, I put it against his nose, but he closes his mouth, and...