or Connect

Posts by Missa

I can tell you that I don't absorb ferrous sulphate at all. I've had problems with anemia for the last 4 years or so. I used to take ferrous fumerate with success but it does cause constipation like the ferrous sulphate Now I take 50 mg of Iron Bisglycinate (Gentle Iron by Solgar) because it doesn't cause constipation. I can't say for sure if it's working cause I still have 5 weeks until my next labwork is drawn. I am taking it every day though and that is important....
Thanks! I do plan on planting a couple apple and peach trees. I get lots and lots of sun so a fence then should work. Last night I spent 2 hours on the computer looking at garden designs and how-to's. I showed my husband a drawing of a fence similar to what you've desribed and he said he was sure he could build it for me : I didn't mulch last year but I won't make that mistake this year. Thanks, missa
I seem to live in a wind tunnel. I failed miserable with my vegetable garden last year and I believe the wind played an important role in my failure. I'm not blaming the wind per say.... My plants dried out very quickly from the wind, I had trouble keeping up with the watering. The wind seriously gave my poor plants a regular beating too. This year I plan to redeem myself. I can't stop the wind but I'm hoping I can slow it down some. Okay maybe I am blaming the wind. My...
I also don't like the taste of virgin coconut oil in savory foods, I keep the refined version from spectrum or mountain rose herbs on hand for food that isn't sweet (or just use butter or olive oil). The refined coconut oil is better for you than reaching for vegetable oil so I still feel good about using it. As far as baking with it vco, make sure your ingredients are room temp. You are really supposed to use room temp eggs anyways when mixing cookies and cakes, etc....
I do have 1 amalgam filling left. I've had 2 removed in the last couple years. I'm getting this last one out in April. I need to read more on chelating, I'm not too familiar with what mercury can do but I imagine that with all my extreme deficiencies it may be playing a part in that. I do know the filling needs to be taken out with extra care and I asked my dentist about it and they said they take the issue seriously.
Quote: Originally Posted by New Mama Thanks for the info on calcium. I'm taking Armour and I never knew this -- I take calcium AND Armour in the morning, and my nurse practitioner knows this and never mentioned anything. About the licorice -- anyone have any good reliable links to more info? I've suffered from AF in the past and think I'm "susceptible" to it, if that's possible. I'm taking Ashgawanda (sp?) but I'm interested in whatever will...
I have this issue, so far we are not treating with meds. My Vitamin D is very low and Vit D helps convert T4 into T3. I'm mega dosing vit D3 and in six weeks I'll be tested again. My ferritin is also quite low and my B-12 could be better too. I'm working really hard to heal myself naturally but I can't say for sure I won't end up on the meds later. Right now looking at my labs it looks like my severe deficiencies are causing my thyroid to perform poorly so I hope that...
I believe there is a thread or two over in Natural Bodycare under Mindful Home Managment.
Thanks CarrieMF, I'm going to ask about them now. I've been taking the sublinguals for a long time now and haven't really improved my numbers, I think they are just helping me maintain.
What if you toasted the coconut first? I've never tried it though.