or Connect

Posts by Missa

I'm not sure about swelling but I do remember reading something about numb/tingley lip being a symptom of hypoglycemia. If it were me I would have it checked out. Allergies would be another thing to investigate. I hope you figure it out soon.
Quote: Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F Missa, before you go away, just for my own curiosity, do you do dairy free normally? Like no milk w/ vit. D added. Sort of. I don't tolerate milk very well so I avoid it but I do fine with cheese and yogurt. I'm not sure if fortified milk is used to make these.
After reading all this I think I need to try 4,000 a day too (and one day at 10,000) if 2,000 is what we need to maintain. I have some serious work to do to get to normal.
I take it sublingually. My ferritin is low as well as my b-12 so I need it to help bring my iron levels up. I'm not sure what other things are happening because it's low, I have a lot going on right now and can't quite pinpoint my individual symptoms to one thing, it seems to be a combination of lots of things. CarrieMF, I'm interested in the B-12 shots. Do you give them to yourself? How much and how often? I would be nervous to give myself shots but I also wouldn't...
Quote: Originally Posted by Missa I'm still stuck. I ended up needing to get a second opinion on my thyroid, I should hear the results of that in the next day or two. I'm still exercising and eating well (although yesterday I did have a piece of cake, my youngest turned 4) and I feel good about that even though the scale isn't moving. Update. My thyroid isn't functioning at optimum levels but my doc feels it's due to my extreme Vit. D deficiency...
Aha, found it thanks.
Update. So I got my lab results back and I'm seriously deficient in Vitamin D at 11.2 (which your body needs to convert T4 into T3) as a result of this my T3 is low but still in range. Right now the plan of action is to supplement Vitamin D and re-test in 6 weeks to see where my numbers are. At that point if I'm my symptoms are not improving we will discuss treating with Armour. I hope I can heal myself before I need the meds. In addition to my Vitamin D I'm adding in...
Oh, I have to assume that the cod liver oil would be the best natural source, that and sunshine. I have no idea how natural the D-3 supplements are. Good luck, missa
I just found out today that my vitamin D is under 12 (which is really really really low) I'm going to start mega-dosing vitamin D-3. 2,000 units 6 days a week and 10,000 one day a week per my doctor's orders. My 10,000 iu dose is sublingual and the other one is swallowable (is that a word lol). I even seen a 50,000 iu today, seemed a bit much to me. D-3 is better to take than D-2 so you are good there. I have trouble absorbing oil soluble vitamins which is why I'm...
I joined and I'm glad I did. It doesn't cost anything to join. I have ordered twice through them with no problems. The first thing was a subscription to ClickN' Read for 3 children and I saved over $30. Then I ordered Piano Wizard and saved 15%. When I ordered the ClickN Read it took about 4 or 5 days to get my login info but that was clearly stated before I purchased it. I'm sure I would have had instant access if I ordered directly but then I wouldn't have saved any...