or Connect

Posts by Missa

I like Kukui Nut Oil, I get it here http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/bulkoil/d-l.html I also once found a good hawaiian website which describes Kukui Nut Oil and what the Hawaiians have used it for over the centuries but it escapes me now, if I find it I'll post it later. My two youngest have Ketaris Pilarus (sp?) which causes little bumps on their skin and dryness. Just cutting out all the yuckies (like bubble baths, anything with sls, parabens and "Fragrance") we have...
Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself and say I may be lurking around and maybe asking a few questions too. My name is Missa and I live in Texas currently (from Minnesota originally). I am a SAHM to three children (7, 4, and 3 years old) that I homeschool. My husbands company moves us around the US quite a bit but our next move will be to Europe and I'm a little nervous but totally excited too! It may take up to a year to get us there as DH has some projects to get up...
Hi, I personally think Texas is awesome! No troubles or worries or glitches for us! Plus it's just an awesome state In Minnesota I had to jump through some hoops, not too horribly bad though but I wouldn't call it easy. You have to test your child once a year using a test and time that you and the superintendant agree upon, okay what if you can't agree? And if you or your husband don't hold a degree you have to submit quarterly report cards. My husband has a degree so...
www.essentialwholesale.com Good luck! It's so hard to give up that hairspray so I still use mine, I haven't used aerosol in a longggg time though. If you do find a natrual alternative somewhere please post, I'd love to give it a go.
This is a good question, I'm not aware of natural hairspays or mousse. I do know you can get natural pomades and hair gels. Essential Wholesale has some and shampoos and conditioners (watch out though, cause some of their formula's are not fully changed over to eliminate parabens and sulphates) To my knowlege they don't use "fragrence" but check to make sure that only essential oils are listed. I don't mind buying their smallest bulk size cause it saves me money in the...
I make my own mineral make-up from ingredients I buy at Coastal Scents and Essential Wholesale. My foundation consists of Titanium Dioxide, Zinc, Sericite (Mica), Boron Nitride, Allantoin, and iron oxides. My eyeshadows have Boron Nitride, Magneseum Myristate, Allantoin, and Mica and/or iron oxides. It's a fun hobby for me, my kids like to help a little too, we're homeschoolers and it makes for a great science, math, and art lesson all in one! I use a Magic Blender to...
Hi, I'm new here. I am having a horrible time here with our electricity bill, we have electric heating and used over 5,300 kwh on the last statement. The electricity company is coming out in 2 weeks to do an audit and see if there are ways to help us save. Brand new home that is supposed to be energy efficient, supposedly our neihbors (our builder told us this) (who have a home almost 1,500sqft bigger) only pay around $300 a month compared to our $600??? Our meter...
Hi, I'm new here too, I live near Dallas but I lived in Visalia for 2 years! Loved it, I still have a few good friends in the area I keep in touch with.