or Connect

Posts by Missa

Unexplained weight gain in the last 2 years, plus having a horrible time getting it off. Cold all the time, tired, insomnia, feeling spacey, etc. My tsh is 1.91 but we are looking at my free t3 and free t4 and a few other things now. My ferritin is really low and that can accompany (or trigger?) hypothyroidism. I've had severe anemia problems in the past which have required infusions and all my problems started around then. The first doctor I seen said everything was...
I'm still stuck. I ended up needing to get a second opinion on my thyroid, I should hear the results of that in the next day or two. I'm still exercising and eating well (although yesterday I did have a piece of cake, my youngest turned 4) and I feel good about that even though the scale isn't moving.
Interesting. I'm already doing a few of those things (drinking kombucha, eating mostly TF, coconut oil added to my diet) I'm sure I would benefit to a more proactive gut healing attempt though. The evening primrose for the hormones is something I'll add too. I need to go to the health food store today anyways so I'll pick some up. Thanks for all the links, I definately want to learn all I can.
Thanks Pat, I really appreciate all the links. I seen the nurse practioner this afternoon (I was so greatful they could squeeze me in) and I'm feeling so relieved now. We had a good dialogue about my symptoms and she looked at my labwork I had done with the other doctor and said right away we need to see more. So, Free T3 and Free T4 were drawn! As well as some thyroid antibodies, vitamin D, progesterene, estrogen, testosterone and a few other things. She agreed that I...
Thanks so much for the reply. I have found someone already a bit closer in Denton. I'm feeling really good about my visit (they were able to squeeze me in this afternoon). She ran some extra tests and we had a good dialogue about my symptoms and treatment options. Now I just have to wait until next week for results and a game plan. I will keep your suggestion in mind if I feel I need a third opinion. Again, thank you. I don't know many people in this part of the country to...
Whew, okay so I'm leaving in an hour to get a second opinion from a more natural oriented nurse practioner. They focus on total wellness with traditional medicine, homeopathic and herbal remedies. I will ask to have the Free T3 and Free T4 run. I'm feeling a bit more optimistic right now. I hope we can work together to find a solution.
Thanks Mysticmomma, going to join right now Kimiko, I'm glad you found someone who trusted your instincts and you're feeling better! I really feel the way you described and hope I can get some answers. staceyshoe, thanks for the link I'm going to check that out as well.
I did ask him to do the Free T3 and Free T4 and he said okay. But now it looks like I got something else. I posted in the Texas tribe thread to find a more thyroid informed doctor so hopefully I'll find someone. I had high hopes for this doctor I went to because I found him on the Armour website. When he was telling me the results I just assumed that he ran the Free T3 and T4 because we talked about it. It wasn't until I got home and looked over my labwork that I realized...
I've recently been told I'm normal even though I have many, many symptoms and my Free Thyroxine Index is quite low. I would like to find a doctor who will treat me based on my symptoms and not just by my numbers (my TSH is 1.91). Preferably one who is comfortable prescribing Armour Thyroid. I live in Justin and Fort Worth or Denton are close enough to me but I'm willing to go into Dallas if need be. Thanks, Missa
Quest Diagnostics has the Free Thyroxine Index range at 4.2-13 so I'm definately low according to that.: