or Connect

Posts by milkybean

My mom got a spider bite, and was coerced into getting a tetanus shot.  They couldn't explain how such a bite, while indoors, could give her tetanus, but she complied.  Was told she was being given just the T part, but after recovering from being sicker than she had EVER been at that point in her life (started a day after the shot), she went back and got her records, and it was the dtap (tdap whatever, don't know!).  She then quit that office.     OH, and since she...
The concept of self-soothing is lovely.  It's the current USE of it that's ugly.  Self-soothing is something learned by the self.  It's not taught; it can't be taught.  I can't be taught to be a self-taught concert flautist.  To be self-taught, I have to teach it to myself!  Learning it on my own, in my own time.  Same with the idea of children self-soothing.   People also forget about the ING part of self-soothing.  It's a process.  A long process.  One that can't...
Did you ever figure something out?       Instincts are great...mine aren't going off *at all* with this.  If the blanket doesn't feel safe to you, why is it in there?  If you don't like it, take it out.   Baby was just about 4 months old when you posted, and VERY strong and active.  I always felt, with DS (who was strong and active) that once he was getting himself into those positions, he would almost certainly be able to get himself out of them if he needed...
So does this mean it's OK to donate hair to them now?
When you go to the farmer's markets here in town, just know that Smith Bros delivery service does NOT have raw milk (they just don't trust the health of their cows, apparently).  And they will be quite rude if you ask about it.  Or at least that was my experience.  
Taxes....we don't all use everything our taxes go towards.  We can't.  We also can't choose what our taxes go for.  My blissfully child free brother pays towards the schools and playgrounds in his city and will NEVER directly benefit from that.  I don't drive on all the roads in my town, and that doesn't bother me.   Now, we rent, so our involvement in knowing what taxes we're paying (b/c our money goes to the landlady so she can pay those taxes) is much less than an...
  You know what's worse?  Having your father call your mom "your mother" like it is a dirty word.  THAT is nasty.  Having a man call his wife by her name is NOT nasty, and it's not a subconscious way of diminishing her motherhood.  Calling a spouse by the parenting honorific, IMO, is weird to me.       OP, I don't speak in the 3rd person to anyone (hearing it is like nails on a chalkboard to me) and hubby (having grown up in a household where his parents called each...
YES.   We do Oak Meadow, but no matter what curriculum I might use, I know my boy and it's dreadful to try to get him to stop playing on his own and come learn.  Alas we've been sick and I'm still working out the sleep problems I developed while sick (3am and I'm still awake = problems), which means he is playing before I'm ready for learning with him...but we're working on it.     When you put this up against the question in your title, you've got to think to...
I'm glad he's back home!!!!!   OK, but the only person that got hurt here was your son.  He's the one that cried and got in trouble and went hungry and all of that.  This has bigger stakes, because it's the little dude that's feeling the brunt of the decision.   DS has asked about school, and I describe to him, in great detail, what school is all about.  Approximately 2 minutes into it, he says nope, he wants to stay homeschooling.  Something about being gone ALL day...
DS has been vegetarian his whole 7.5 years, and like the previous poster, doesn't even see meat as being food.  I don't *know* if he'll ever eat meat, but I can't really see the process he would have to take in order to get there.