or Connect

Posts by milkybean

No, we did not even *think*, not even for a second, about buying a crib.   We did, however, get a king sized bed once he was nearly 2 and started sleeping sideways, LOL.     
When I was 10 or so my stepsisters spent the summer with us.  One stuttered naturally.  By the end of the summer, and for MONTHS afterward, I stuttered.  I don't think I've done it recently, but even up to around 35 years old I could break out in a stutter when upset.  And I never once stuttered before that summer with the stepsister.     But I'm a huge mimic without even realizing I was doing it.  My mom could always tell who I was spending more time with at...
"The story of Santa says that".....     I grew up without Santa (domestic abuse in the family, dad in and out of the house, dad breaking in and doing things like setting the malamutes into the chicken coop when those eggs were our main source of protein, etc, so the idea of a man breaking into the house was NOT OK FOR ME) and MY magic was how on earth my mom managed to make xmas every year without money and without time alone and where did she hide the presents and how...
If only we could make a PoxTracker.  So the previous poster in Montreal has them, then someone else gets them from that family, but they live in an area not exactly in Montreal. Then another family and another and another, and we could watch it as it travels around the countries. :)  A little bit more natural than a lollipop, LOL.
If only my HOMEBIRTH MIDWIVES hadn't started this sort of debate with me while I was in labor.  The one who was there (the one I disliked, of course, and who disliked my husband from the MOMENT she met him, since she wasn't expecting him to be in the darkened corridor as he came out of the bathroom in their offices) tried to stage some sort of intervention, sure that I had indeed been sexually abused as a child and that's why things were going so slowly.  No one, and I'm...
If you're really curious, call your school district and ask.  Maybe from a pay phone.  :)     WA is just so, relatively, easy.  It's not even registering, just declaring.  And we don't have to turn in assessments or tests to anyone, unless, I imagine, there was something else happening and they wanted to see what ELSE was or was not happening in the home.  I'm cool with that.    Am I *looking forward* to declaring him once he's 8?  (well, probably the August...
YES.   And it's why I would never want to have a doctor around my child that was merely tolerating us not vaxing.  Because a doc that believes strongly that vaccines save us all won't have paid attention in the classes that taught them how to HELP a person work through a disease, and therefore they are not a good doctor for my purposes.   I have lots of info (even have info about getting through diphtheria, as my great grandfather helped the ONE daughter that got it, out...
I'm not sure that I can forgive your in laws, and I don't even know you!  How awful of them! Oh my goodness, someone who has you watch their child SAID that to you?  Good for you.       For me, back when I thought I was going to have a Career, back before I realized that my mom's status of Queen of the Universe was bestowed upon her because she simply had no choice, she couldn't feel guilty about working because she had NO choice, that she would have loved to be home...
That alarm thing wouldn't be acceptable for ME.  It would have stopped or we wouldn't have been sharing a room even before baby came along.  I do not do well with other peoples' snooze buttons....   DH and I have been sleeping separately since '07.  DS and I got sick so DH slept on the couch, then DH got sick and stayed away, and by the time it all faded away, DH's snoring had become so bad, and I was so unused to it, that it was miserable for both of us.  It was bad...
DS is 7, and just got his own bed 6 months ago.  Sure he shows up at some point most mornings, but that's OK.  I think he gets cold.  The other issue is that the preferred bathroom is in the master bedroom, and he tends to get up to pee, and then just doesn't want to go back to his room since it's so cozy in the big bed.   But I'm not worried at all.  I know very well that as he gets older he'll want more and more privacy, and that even these days will fade away. ...