or Connect

Posts by milkybean

We had one.  No sunlight glare problems AT ALL.  It was plastic, had a soft suedey frame around it, was light, and attached in two different ways to the seatback.  It served us very well in the RF days.
  Well, why do you think you would get a bunch of "random junk"?    Last year DS just had one kid go mini-golfing with him for his birthday, and the boy and his mom bought DS a lovely fairy tale book.  Even better, most of the stories were stories that Disney later changed, which I think was on purpose b/c they know we're Disneyland freaks, and that was just neat.   This year he had more kids at his party, and while I battled with the "no gifts" thing, I ended up NOT...
About the behaviour towards sister, girl at water play area, etc etc...  Have you looked at his diet?   DS was getting more and more violent, when finally I had an "aha" moment after he lost it 20 minutes after having a DumDum lollipop.  Over the rest of the year we worked it out and realized he can't have anything based on corn syrup.  Colors might be a problem as well, but it's hard to find things with artificial colors that don't have corn syrup in it, and he's...
Me too.  When I was getting a ton of bodywork, it was nearly impossible for me to go into a "big box" store b/c of all the machines that were on in the store.  Oooooh.  I'm a little "off" when it comes to how I learn, but nothing I can really put my finger on.  My mom, a few years before she died, saw a show about synesthesia and finally recognized herself in it, realized that's what she was dealing with, AND that not everyone does it!  She was very excited about it. ...
I absolutely positively agree.   At this point (DS is 7) I can't remember when the car-crying stopped (could have been around 4 months when he outgrew his Snugride by height and went into the Roundabout, but I can't be sure), but for what FELT like 18 million years he would cry in the car.  I would sing and talk and laugh and sometimes cry with him, and then would start singing again...  When I could, I would somehow reach my arm back there and touch his head, or his...
Just to answer the OP...   My mom got foodstamps and probably some sorts of other welfare, to stay home with me and my brother until I was 4 and my brother was 2.  At that point her good friend who ran a Montessori school would let us in (she didn't normally let 2 year olds in, as she didn't run a daycare, but my brother has always been brilliant and ahead of everyone, and it wasn't daycare for him, but school, even at that age), and let my mom clean the school for...
I have a hard time separating it out, but then, DH and I got married *in order to have children*.  And we got a wedding-night baby.  We had a week after the wedding but before our cruise, and by the time we got on that ship DH could tell that I was not "alone"...and about 3 days into the cruise, so could I.    At my baby shower, a friend got "the baby" a little romper with cruise ships on it, and addressed the package to "the stowaway".  :)  He's been with us from...
I'm somewhat weird, I have almost no filter except when I try really hard and keep my mouth zipped, I am ALWAYS the one keeping everyone up talking and talking and talking (I was the last to go to sleep at slumber parties, I am almost always the last at parties b/c once I get over my shyness I will TALK and TALK and TALK), I say too much and end up horribly embarrassed (even online)...I think differently than other people.  My dream was to be an actor but I got stage...
I got AF when DS was 4 months old.  He nursed like a typical newborn until he was 3...I honestly don't remember him ever NOT being latched on until he was 1...  But as soon as I "woke up" and stopped being able to nap when he napped, boom, AF.  Life is unfair sometimes...  (more so b/c we started "trying" when he was 9 months old and now he's almost 7 and still no new baby)     Anyway, I know this is an old thread and the baby is probably eating some now, but I wanted to...
I was forcibly weaned at 4 when my 2 year old brother (the stinker) self-weaned (and my mom HAD TO go back to work, and I suppose pumping wasn't something one did in the early 70s).  So yeah, it happens!