or Connect

Posts by milkybean

I didn't OM for Kindergarten, I just found things that looked interesting and DS did them.  He asked strongly for a curriculum for 1st grade, a thing of books that would come in the mail and that would be his learning work for the year.  After much agonizing I chose OM.   At first I was a bit iffy about it!   But now I really like it, and so does he.  I will mention that we are WAY behind because I kept getting sick, I mean over and over, from Fall through Winter...
Definitely try chiropractic. .......Honestly, to me, poking a hole in an eardrum to insert a tube isn't anything different than it bursting, which of course is their worry.  Well OK there's the pain difference, but having a hole open spontaneously is going to get the fluid out just like if they poked holes, so...  And with everything else that gets cut and heals, tears tend to heal nicer than cuts.  I had tubes, and I still have hearing loss.  Didn't seem to make much...
I personally would nurse her more.  Hope that's possible. 
For me, vaccination started as a "oh, that's a neat idea" thing....can't remember his name saw that milkmaids who came across cows who had cowpox didn't end up getting smallpox as much.  So then he started getting the pus from cowpox pustules on milkmaids and injecting that into other poeple, and they then didn't get smallpox.    Interesting idea, right?  Kinda neat?   But then it became industrialized, and they all all that junk in!  Just give me the cow pus, ya...
  I agree with this.  For whatever reason, I never asked my MIL for any of this, and the only thing she ever offered was taking him, so I didn't get any help.  Nothing.  I might be the only person who has friends who didn't have a single meal made for her and left in the freezer after having a baby...  But no one knew how to offer help that I would take, so no one offered anything.  And I should have asked for what I needed...please watch him so I can shower, please make...
Being bitten is a horrible awful searingly painful feeling.  It's understandable that you flipped out while being bitten.    Before we figured out that it was corn syrup based products causing it, my son would fly into horrible rages, and I got bit a couple times, once on the upper shoulder blade area....probably the worst physical feeling that I've experienced in my life, and it caused a massive emotional storm as well.   Agreed.  And then you can make photobooks on...
Keep the grown men away if they are going to be difficult.   If DS is mature enough to not get frustrated with the big sets, that's good.  I wrote to Lego when DS was 5, asking about their age recommendations.  We follow ages on ALL toys until Lego got ahold of DS's interest.  Lego basically told me that once the child is done with the choking hazard stage, the age recs are all about frustration and levels of difficulty. So my son knows that if he gets frustrated...
You could read the original fairy tales where the older "disney" princesses came from, see what those stories were like...
    I would have had such a problem with this.  You don't stop to talk to them when the grandparents say something, but they stop to talk like that?  Ugh.       OP, I guess for me, I wouldn't have been at a relative's house during a religious holiday-time to begin with.  We hunker down and stay away from people on those days.  It doesn't sound like the family prays and makes others pray during other meals, so I would just avoid that situation.   I don't know if I'm...
"Also, I really have a problem with the idea expressed by some that a "history of abuse" is any kind of a reason not to take oneself seriously. Remember, the OP's husband was the victim and not the perpetrator. He doesn't deserve to go through life with "history of abuse" tacked on to him, forever affecting his wife's ability to take his parental hunches seriously. I'm not saying that seashells has let this affect her respect for her husband's opinions -- it just seems...