or Connect

Posts by milkybean

Quote: Originally Posted by emilyjace OP here. Thanks for your input. We do have a dog! That's part of the problem--darling child will throw food specifically to the dog. He thinks it's hilarious. Me, not so much. I've been pulling him away from the table when he starts throwing food and putting his feet up on the table. Guess I'll keep at it. Thanks! Keep the dog out of the room entirely during mealtime. It can be your secret if you...
Quote: Originally Posted by TinyFrog There was some negative info out there a few years ago about Around the Circle, so it is good to hear a positive experience about them. Perhaps she has learned a little bit about normal, but not textbook, labor since my experience. That would be good to know. Not sure how I feel about being a teaching experience for her, but when she sent back the postpartum care fee *without being asked to*, I figured...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mama~Love I read Dave Ramsey is Christian-based - is that true? We're not into religion at all, so don't want anything preachy. Not preachy at all. I'm sensitive, so some of it made me grate my teeth, but that's just me. And his advice is terrific. Has really helped us! Our fights were always, at the core, about money. Even if we didn't know it. DH wanted to be a baby about spending, and had tantrums when I...
We've had a very hard time finding a naturopath that behaves the way we want an ND to behave. But I will say, the one we took DS to for his first year was great about it. Said clearly to me...."I have this form to fill out, I have to ask about vaccines. All I care about is "yes" or "no", and then once I've checked the box matching what you say, we'll move along". And she did actually bring in a few vaccines towards the end of our year there, because she was losing...
2 ER visits. "shots up to date?" "yes, in that we're allowed to not vax." End of story, move along. Excellent care, even if it turned out both times DS didn't really have to go to the ER, it was a "just in case" move each time, once for a burn, once for a fall.
The way I was taught germ theory, at the core, is....this germ causes this disease with these symptoms. If I transmit the germ to a second persion, it's going to cause this disease with this symptoms. And so on and so forth. And obviously that doesn't happen. Think of when a nasty cold goes around your family. It generally doesn't behave in the exact same way with each person. In me, a cold hits my lungs hard. In DS he gets a nasty mucus reaction. In DH it just...
Have you considered a second opinion? 1st dentist DS saw (at a year) had us come up for 3 twenty minute appointments as DS got used to her. She just billed once. She was awesome, but wasn't a ped dentist and just wasn't sure about what drugs she might need to give him. 2nd dentist...well, we walked out of there laughing at his prognosis. First, he wanted to diagnose his problems based on DH's and my weight problems. Hadn't even looked in DS's mouth and was...
Just wanted to comment on part of the discussion before it was bumped... I knew an old-time nurse who was trained just before the polio vaccine was made. When she was trained, polio was defined one way. After the vaccine came out, the definition changed. The diagnosing fever was higher and longer. If paralysis showed up, you had to be paralyzed longer. etc etc. So OF COURSE the rates went down, because people who had been diagnosed with it the year before now...
DS just turned 6 and nursed a couple months ago after a couple months. He said there was a lot. 2 nursing times ago, he did so when my left breast was really uncomfortable and freaking me out, to tell you the truth (felt WEIRD inside). He had a HUGE session, was gulping and everything (at 5 yo!), and I could feel my breast changing as he drank. Didn't feel weird anymore after that. They just keep filling back up.
I wouldn't take it seriously. DS (just turned 6) has declared himself to be done several times. And has really acted like he was done a few times. I started keeping an email journal, emailing myself each time he nursed, because I couldn't be trusted to keep a paper journal and know where it was. He goes astonishing amounts of time between nursing nowadays, but I don't think I'll "call it" until, hmm, he's...10 and hasn't nursed in a year or so.