or Connect

Posts by milkybean

FWIW, my mom used to make a vegan pesto simply by combining the basil, pine nuts, garlic and olive oil, and leaving out the cheese. Totally delicious. Froze better, too. Yours sounds good too, but there's not really a big need to get fancy with it...
Sounds cozy to me. Then again, at the beginning we were worried about DH, too. So we got a sleep positioner with mesh-covered foam wedges that velcroed onto a mat. Put the wedges both on DH's side, so that if he rolled, he ran up against those first. Helped with the confidence. I would bet that if you had video of the night, that your baby had *just* rolled down, and that you woke up instantly. Can't prove it (unless you have video!), but that tended to be our...
Just posted this in another thread. My mom had a spider bite and her doctor told her that she had to have a tetanus shot. She went back and forth, and the doctor said it would JUST be the tetanus (I assume the TIG?), not the d, and p parts. She was sicker than ever before for 2 months. Once she got better she went back to them...looked at her records...they'd given her the dtap (or however it's abbreviated). Ugh.
I have no idea if it can actually happen (I haven't a single clue how it could), but it's the same line my mom was given when she got a naaaaasty arachnid bite. They then promised her they were giving her ONLY tetanus, nothing else, so many promises, so she said OK. 2 months later, after having been sicker than she'd ever been in her life to that date, the entire 2 months, she went back to ask for her file. They'd given her the dtap.
DS was conceived on our wedding night during our first time without a condom. We started trying for #2 when DS was 9 months old. DS just turned 6 last month. ************************** We've had a couple issues. I seem to be massively sensitive to hormones. For instance, we knew I had conceived the day after it happened as my entire being changed...a week later I was up one cup size and growing massive blue veins in my chest, passing out by 8pm (on our...
IMO and IME it's totally fine. We actually were shooting for a full year without "food", on our ND's suggestion (given the early food given to me and DH, and given our problems with those EXACT foods now), but at just beyond 11 months he decided that enough was enough. Pushed me over, grabbed my organic apple, took a bite, chewed and swallowed it. Had some flirtations with pears, and then just sort of gave up for quite awhile. We never really even offered, just...
OP, I've done the same thing this winter! Though I think it's actually been since Fall. My leg hair is brownish red, and it's very thick. Looks just like my brother's legs! I've been working out in long workout pants, and I've managed to avoid any swimming. I know that DS and I will visit my brother, and he has a pool, and I feel like I should save the legs and pits then (although I haven't shaved the bikini area, I know I would for swimming, even if I didn't...
We used the iPlay brand. Bought them at Target; they were usually on the end caps. We did use a pocket dipe a few times, but at the time that DS was in swim dipes, there was so much talk on mothering about how you could get an air pocket in the empty pocket, and it could cause the baby to be stuck on their belly in the water, etc etc, that it had happened to a few babies of women on mothering... Even though I had serious questions about how that could have happened,...
Quote: Originally Posted by springbride I think that the ped was trying to say that because she has had so many ear infections, she was higher risk for rotavirus? That's how I would have understood it, too. I would have figured he's just trying to "get you" any which way he can. I would find a new ped FIRST, and then get the records. Or just have the new ped get the records. Under no circumstances would I let the ped know that you're...
Quote: Originally Posted by ElliesMomma thanks for the perspectives. unfortunately i have an "old fashioned" husband who wants a hot meal ready for him, and he gets home at 8 pm, and then needs to get up for work again at 3:30 am. And he can't bend, sometimes, for the few years the kids are tiny? My FIL was like that. And when we had our son, and he saw how we were doing things, he regretted the way he'd been as a father and stated it out...