or Connect

Posts by milkybean

I wouldn't worry one little bit about this! First, you were there to hear him and sense him and work towards helping him. Second, he vomited which helped himself. And third, most importantly, this isn't about cosleeping at all! My husband was climbing out of his crib at 9 months. And the first few times he did that new trick? He hid. Oh what fun for his mother! So just being in a crib doesn't keep them out of stuff, unless you make the crib like a prison with...
I think DS was 4 when he started with playmobil, but I'm not sure. I know that it has helped with his dealing with tiny objects, that's for sure. If things like the little cuffs on the pirates made you worried, you could just take the tiniest pieces out.
A cold wet washcloth for him to bite on. If you have any frozen breastmilk, that might help too...we did that one later on, out of desperation, when he was so so so hungry and I was so so so scared of having my nipple chomped off, LOL. He loved it! We used homeopathy...Hylands sometimes worked, but usually getting out my homeopathy book and matching his exact symptoms to a remedy worked better (as long as I had the remedy). DS teethed nearly nonstop from 4 months...
Nope, not jealous. I remember working...not sure I ever had an adult conversation there. Conversations with my baby were more stimulating! I also owned my own business for 5 years, and that was SO hard. Didn't do either of those things while having a kid...don't want to! Seems I'd be in charge of work while at work, I'd be calling places during my lunch and break time that I can do any old time while at home, and then I'd get home and would still have to...
Quote: Originally Posted by ElliesMomma and finally, where do you draw the line between trying to do the very best for your chlidren (often on your own as a SAHM in our U.S. society), and making daily choices to put other things first... crying baby but need to finish making dinner for husband... There was no difficulty with this. One of the two could get his own meal in the kitchen. The other could not. Period. In fact, for quite awhile, DH...
Quote: Originally Posted by ihugtrees I am wondering about the needing to pee thing...we just started doing EC when we are at home, & she pees in the potty EVERY TIME, so I'm wondering if she is wanting to go potty? But I also worry that getting up, going into the cold bathroom, with even a dim light, might wake her up too much to get back to sleep...not to mention that that, along with diaper off...geez, I probably won't get back to sleep either. Maybe I...
Quote: Originally Posted by sophi4ka So what would you answer to those arguments? It is good for a 2-3yo to go to a daycare because...: 1. ...they need to learn to get instruction from people other than their mother. They need to understand that their mother is not the center of the universe. 2. ...they need to learn that they are not the center of the universe themselves and that there are other kids out there. 3. ...they need to learn to be in...
We keep all instruction manuals. It's actually quite frightening, how good DS and DH are about knowing which tiny intricate pieces came from which set. I have NO idea except for the obvious ones...but they can pinpoint these little things. We build each thing once. Then eventually things come apart. We got sterilite bins (with the easy opening side-flip handles) from Target, on sale, the shoebox size ones. And they are separated into colors (the clear ones are...
Quote: Originally Posted by minkajane Something similar happened to me the other day. I was picking up DS's birthday cake at Walmart and out of nowhere the girl asked him if he wanted a cookie. I let him have it because he was already cranky and would have had a meltdown if I had said no, but I glared at the girl and said, "It's probably not a good idea to offer a kid a cookie without asking the parents first." She just kind of shrugged and said sorry. It...
I call them buckets because they are buckets. Molded plastic in a shape that can carry something, with a handle. I'm also in the camp of "how on earth is this a convenience". I carried DS in it once to get the mail (I was pulled right up to the curb, the mailbox was 2 steps away, but I got all paranoid one day), DH carried DS in it once for some reason, and that was enough! One day we did take DS and the bucket into a little restaurant, but felt horrible, with DS...