or Connect

Posts by milkybean

FWIW, in my family, my brothers all self-weaned at 2, while my sister and I went to 4 (my sister tried to go to 5), and if our moms had been willing would probably have nursed well into elementary school. That said, I too have strange thoughts on what it would be like to nurse a girl. Nursing a boy is what I know, and while a baby is a baby, I would know if baby is girl or boy, and therefore there is a difference. It's a silly mind thing, but it's there and I...
"This may be an important thing to stop. If I go in and rescue/ take over, I am sending the message to both DP and DC that they can't handle it without me." I disagree. If the child is asking for a certain parent, and the parent is available, there's nothing wrong IMO with having that parent come in. We never enjoyed torturing DS by insisting on one of us putting him to bed, if he was/is asking for the other. And he would indeed feel it was torture, and get loud enough...
"I don't quite know how I'm going to cope being away from him for several days. I miss him after just an hour now!! " Why go, then? Or why not have hubby and DS go with you? I haven't a clue as to how many bottles would be needed, as I wouldn't have gone on a trip like this. First trip I took, under 48 hours, was when DS was over 3.5 years old, and my breasts hurt quite a bit when I got home! I'm going away for 5 days, unless I can convince our pocketbooks to let...
Quote: Originally Posted by mrsbass II feel like I've been "trying" to get sick for a couple of weeks now, but it never gets beyond the low-grade fever. It's kind of crummy to FEEL sick but not be able to do anything about it! That's how I felt almost the whole pregnancy with my son. None of my friends had felt that way; they were all nauseated for the first tri then fabulous the rest of the time until the very end. It was NOT fun for...
This seems to be the wording of the law. I know that in WA, it's law that providers offer the test, but it's not required that parents have it done. I don't know if that's the case (it's stated a bit unclearly in that link, IMO) in MI. But I do know that if you have it done, try to not have it done by a hostile health care provider. When I was pg I thought a heel stick or heel slice was cruel and heinous. But when I was bullied into having the PKU test done when DS...
Quote: Originally Posted by aprilmom milkybeanSo if that's your next step too, what does insurance need for hubby to have a SA? And WHO would do a SA on a more primary care level? We had an SA done by and RE (who needed a referral) and a urologist. Both times it was out of pocket as insurance doesn't cover it - it was about $100 for it. I don't believe the urologist needed the referall. Just be prepared, I went with my hubby and I was in a waiting...
If SW came out in May of '77, then I was 7 and my brother was 5. We were both fine with it, and in fact were absolutely mad for it. Hubby is a big fan, and was so excited he couldn't keep himself from showing DS SW when DS was 3. His behavior became atrocious soon after, and then so did DH's when he realized it was Star Wars' fault. So it was put on the back burner for a year. Right now the movies are in "time out" b/c his behavior was getting bad again, but it took...
It's possible there's something going on...the big tantrum thing speaks to me a bit, as my son becomes a dragon when he touches something related to corn syrup. But the main thought I had was...that's a boy. One of my friends has two boys. They are rough and tumble, they climb, jump, run, and yell. And tackle. Another friend has a girl. She was always dainty, quiet, did as she was told, never wrestled. The one time I saw her being naughty was when she was jumping...
Quote: Originally Posted by babydanielsmom Well, I suppose I feel that he needs it b/c he was formula fed and now he drinks whole milk. I know that there's alot of vitamins that are put into the formula that he will not get in cow's milk. My Mom said that we were all on infant vitamins at 1 yr ... so I thought it would be a good idea. Am I wrong? Why not toddler formula instead of milk?
I can't imagine they want you to have lead paint in your home. http://recalls.rc2.com/recalls_Wood_0607.html Questions? Contact RC2's Consumer Care Center at (866) 725-4407 toll free.