or Connect

Posts by Ravishing

I found out that we will be in Lawrence, IN. DH will be working in the new Monarch building on the site of the old drive in. Anything anyone can share about things to see or do in that area would be appreciated. Thanks!
We avoid licensed stuff but also sports - football in particular. We really REALLY can't stand stuff with "Daddy's Little All Star" written all over it. DH wants to burn a shirt our nephew wears that says "I watch ESPN with daddy". My BIL actually tells his 2 year old son that he has to grow to a specific height and weight so that he will be the perfect quarterback size. It makes us sad. With that said, should our son come to like a sport later in life we won't...
DH's job has us travelling a lot. His next extended business trip is in Indianapolis. We will be packing up the RV and should be there from early July through October. We have a 1 year old DS. Can anyone recommend some toddler friendly things to see and do while we are there? I'm not 100% sure of the exact area we will be staying in but I will post when I find out. Thanks!
I love ours as well. It was a wedding gift from a friend who had it special ordered from Japan. I wasn't sure what the big deal was at first but now I really appreciate it. Its clearly marked so it is easy to measure and fill. I also like to do what a previous person mentioned and throw in some chicken and veggies. If my husband is late getting home from work I just put it on the "keep warm" setting and there is a complete meal waiting for him when he gets home.
There is a girl I went to college with who is constantly posting pictures and videos of her daughter on facebook that drive me crazy. She is about a year old now but when she was 6 months old they posted a video of her coated in chocolate and happily gnawing away on a chocolate easter bunny. There are also many pictures of her eating and covered in chocolate chip cookies, cupcakes, and cake (oh the icing!! Don't get me started on the copious amounts of icing!!). Several...
DS is 11mo and usually wakes up really happy. On Wed he woke up very upset and crying. We ended up BF and cuddling on the couch with his fav blanket. He fell back asleep sprawled across me and took a good, long nap. He woke up fairly happy but the rest of his day consisted of play a little, cry, cuddle and/or nurse. Sleep. Repeat. Thurs and today have been much of the same. He's just not quite himself. We have been keeping an eye on him for obvious signs of sickness...
11 mo DS seems to have forgotten how to whine or cry lately. Every little injustice in life launches him into a WILD SHRIEKING tantrum. Bed time has become especially bad. I usually nurse him to sleep and put him in his crib. Lately, I will nurse him and rock him until he is in a dead sleep (or so it seems). As soon as he touches the mattress in his crib he is screaming and scrambling to his feet as fast as possible. It takes forever to get him calm and back to sleep...
We don't cosleep but DS is 11 months as well and lately he has been driving me crazy at night. Some nights he is up every 2 hours. I feel like I have a newborn all over again. He is teething and starting to stand on his own and we have had a pretty crazy travel schedule lately so I just assumed it was a combination of all of those things.
DS is 9.5 months old and making it clear that he's not really into baby food anymore. He will eat a little but once I get a few bites into him he will shake his head no and push the spoon away. He is more interested in what we are eating but I'm not entirely sure what is ok to add to his diet at this point. We regularly give him chunks of fruits and vegetables and grains but I'm confused about introducing meat and dairy. I'm also a little leery about dairy since I'm...
My son does this a lot - usually when he's teething. We have a friend who is a dentist and he said its annoying but completely normal. All he could tell me to do is to tell DS "no" and offer something to chew on when he's grinding. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I'm really looking forward to getting through this phase because the sound drives me crazy!!