or Connect

Posts by nerdymom

Well I am glad that I can come here and read about how everyone is just feeling done. Because misery really does love company. Went to L&D last night after contracting regularly for 7 hours. No cervical changes so they sent me home. I'm taking wild yam to try to stop them or make them ease up but it is doing nothing. DH chastised me about not knowing the meaning of moderation. I was supposed to be in the kitchen for a church funeral today but he asked me to cancel. Today...
I won't vax an exclusively bf baby. I was planning on selectively vaxing DS after 6 months but keep putting it off because I'm not comfortable with it. I have to follow my intuition on this one. I think I have settled on waiting until he reaches 50lbs to selectively vax. At that time I will also have to track down versions of each vax that were not developed using fetal cell lines. Right now DH and I have done the research and feel comfortable waiting. Although we might...
I feel like that sometimes, sandwiched inbetween two very warm-blooded males, wishing for a way out. Normally my revenge is to get up and cut the AC on. Which is ridiculous to do in March in VA (ok I was doing that in February too) but wth I don't care. I cannot sleep like that! Also, the pancakes are a great idea, sounds good!   Mandy - at this point, I would tell her to not speak about that again or you will cut contact with her until the baby is born. I don't say this...
I am with you 100%. I cosleep/bedshare with my toddler because that is what he needs. I will continue to do the same with this next child. If I didn't HAVE to, I probably wouldn't. well, except for when they are in that sweet wonderful newborn phase and you are still hyped up on hormones. It would be so much more convenient to just put them down and have them sleep autonomously. I have really enjoyed the precious nights when we get DS to sleep and DH puts him into his...
I am 34 weeks tomorrow. My palms tingle just thinking of how close I am! Today I am giving the house one final, thorough scrubbing and then it will be all maintenance for me until after the delivery. I'm starting to think about freezer cooking too, my freezer is pretty well stocked but I would like to pop in a couple of casseroles and make a couple of menu plans to have on hand.   I am giving myself 3 weeks to finish sewing and cleaning. Then it will be all cooking...
Thanks for the reminder. We do like our cultured dairy products over here so I think I'm set up on the probiotics front. I was just getting into traditional fermentation at home when I got pg and morning sickness...no so pickles or saurkraut for now. The very thought makes my stomach churn even now! I try to make up for it with raw vinegar which I really love, and kefir and yogurt.
Huh. I hardly go anywhere or do anything and I am getting over a stomach bug right now. So awful, omg. I say, you can try but don't be surprised if it happens anyway.
Ugh. I've had the stomach flu for the past two days, started feeling really crappy the evening after my doc visit. My ribs are so sore and I have broken capillaries all over my face and in my eyes. Scary. I'm sitting upright for now, but I'm going to go lay down again. Andy has flipped posterior with all the reclining I've been doing, but I don't even give a hoot right now. There are a couple patches on the carpet that need a good scrubbing, so I figure 30 min hands and...
Alicia, thank you. I've been trying to get ready for this baby. I just feel the need to be done with all my pet projects (mainly diaper making) before the baby comes, so I've been limiting my internet time to ensure that DS gets the attention from me that he needs. And I don't have the money for a chiro, or else I would be seeing one.   Stacey I have the "pregnant face" too, not as bad yet but it will be. I don't know why but I carried DS in my face too. Blech. I...
Oh my lordy. I just had to come here and vent about my pelvis. It really f*ing hurts, excuse the language. My hips and pelvis ache so badly. I hope I can get some sleep tonight, I've been having troubles in that department thanks to DS1. He is with his papa staying with MiL tonight so that she can watch him in the morning while DH works. I have a mandatory appointment with one of the OBs to get "permission" for my VBAC bright and early tomorrow. I'm a bit concerned...